Schools

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Raising the hair on back of my neck. Looking at a dangerous slope.
Literacy requirement , tax requirement. This is looking way back to the original system to insure only certain people voted and had control.
White, male, property owners !

blah blah blah those that do not learn from history blah blah blah.

How many educated, property owners voted the way their union, preacher or friends told them to vote.

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
When it comes to taxes, which taxes have to be paid to qualify? Sales tax, income tax, property tax? All these, one of these?
That's a good point. I guess at some level everyone is paying taxes. My thought process was geared toward income tax, but I can see issues with that also--spouse not working, kid in college.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
How many educated, property owners voted the way their union, preacher or friends told them to vote
Good thing that doesn't happen now!!!! Oh wait, the pipeline union workers voted themselves right out a jobs by doing what the union said. In fact FIRST thing Biden did was make them unemployed.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The problem I have with that video is that if you interview enough people you will certainly find the morons.

And showing the intelligent ones is not so interesting, so you focus on the bottom of the barrel and produce something that catches peoples attention, even if it does not represent the reality of you sample.

Actually, I know Washington DC is the seat of the government, and the White House is there, and all that. But I was not sure and do not remember it being designated as the Capital of the US, which it probably is...I do know what 3x3x3 is and how many things are in a dozen though...LOL

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The problem I have with that video is that if you interview enough people you will certainly find the morons.

And showing the intelligent ones is not so interesting, so you focus on the bottom of the barrel and produce something that catches peoples attention, even if it does not represent the reality of you sample.

Actually, I know Washington DC is the seat of the government, and the White House is there, and all that. But I was not sure and do not remember it being designated as the Capital of the US, which it probably is...I do know what 3x3x3 is and how many things are in a dozen though...LOL
13 in dozen, uncle was baker.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
If you don't know who the current P/VP are you should not be allowed to vote. I also agree that if you are not paying taxes you should have no say in who runs the country.
How would that be enforced? Is there a list of people who don’t pay taxes? And everyone pays sales taxes. What about businesses that take advantage of loopholes and deductions, and show losses? Would you exclude these owners from voting?

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
What about businesses that take advantage of loopholes and deductions, and show losses?
1. What is the problem with taking advantage of deductions and loopholes? Do you refuse to take the deductions you are entitled to take when you do your taxes?

2. A corporation cannot vote. Individuals within it can. Corporations are their own entity in the law--that's why they are sued as opposed to the CEO, COO etc.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yes!! (Not an attack on you @NHSleddog , generally speaking)

1. Parents elect the folks that decide what is going to be taught.
2. Parents can unite and CHANGE what is being taught.
3. Parents can demand that the school board teach what THEY want their kids to learn.
4. Parents can (shouldn't have to but can--and most smart ones do) bite the bullet and send their children to private schools that align with their beliefs and actually teach.
5. Parents PAY for these 'educators' to survive and exist--and are you getting your money's worth at $21,000 per student--yet they continue to do it like sheep.
6. Parents willingly send their kids off to be 'programmed' and obviously say nothing.
7. Most parents don't take the time so SEE what they are being taught.

We do the exact same thing with all government. We get EXACTLY what we deserve. Pay what they demand and follow along like lambs to the slaughter. Why would government-run-schools be different?

Go the way the wind blows and try not to be canceled! Our new motto.
The majority of parents use the school system as a baby-sitter and do not get involved in their own kids educational needs. They fail their kids, the system, and society when they do that.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
1. What is the problem with taking advantage of deductions and loopholes? Do you refuse to take the deductions you are entitled to take when you do your taxes?

2. A corporation cannot vote. Individuals within it can. Corporations are their own entity in the law--that's why they are sued as opposed to the CEO, COO etc.
I didn’t say there was anything wrong. But many businesses pay no taxes because of those loopholes. Just asking if you think those owners should vote.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
If you don't know who the current P/VP are you should not be allowed to vote. I also agree that if you are not paying taxes you should have no say in who runs the country.
That would eliminate a lot of rich people from voting.

• Haha

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Just asking if you think those owners should vote.
Absolutely. If congress doesn't want 'loopholes' (another word for a legal deduction--just sounds sinister, which the media likes) fix them. There is nothing wrong with doing your taxes and taking advantage of all deductions and 'loopholes'.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
That would eliminate a lot of rich people from voting.
Interesting take. Im fairly certain the millionaires know who the names of the folks they contributed to or against. Maybe not?

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Absolutely. If congress doesn't want 'loopholes' (another word for a legal deduction--just sounds sinister, which the media likes) fix them. There is nothing wrong with doing your taxes and taking advantage of all deductions and 'loopholes'.
Then you need to rethink your statement about people who pay no taxes.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Then you need to rethink your statement about people who pay no taxes.
With all due respect I don't think you understand how corporations actually work.

1. A corporation cannot vote. employees of said corp can.
2. A corporation pays its employees (whether the corp. pays taxes or not).
3. Those employees (who CAN vote) then pay taxes on the income/money they got from the corporation.

So the people that actually do the voting are paying taxes whether or not the corporation does.

I hope this helps you understand.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Interesting take. Im fairly certain the millionaires know who the names of the folks they contributed to or against. Maybe not?
Oh they vote, it's just with lots of contributions to their syncophants in government.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
With all due respect I don't think you understand how corporations actually work.

1. A corporation cannot vote. employees of said corp can.
2. A corporation pays its employees (whether the corp. pays taxes or not).
3. Those employees (who CAN vote) then pay taxes on the income/money they got from the corporation.

So the people that actually do the voting are paying taxes whether or not the corporation does.

I hope this helps you understand.
I’m not speaking of corporations. I’m talking about small business owners. I have many in my family, and they often pay no taxes because of the many deductions they have available under the tax code.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
For those that caught my spelling / grammar error in a 'school' post. I offer the following.
I never could spell thanks to a 'phonetics' experiment in my grade school. Grammar is not strong point either. Professionally, I had a secretary that corrected and typed early reports. Later they were replaced with programs with spell check. Add peer / legal review of published work and I got spoiled and never really improved the spelling.
A math major with a career in the sciences and then hands on semiconductor 'WETS" tech.

I'll try harder in the future :)

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
For those that caught my spelling / grammar error in a 'school' post. I offer the following.
I never could spell thanks to a 'phonetics' experiment in my grade school. Grammar is not strong point either. Professionally, I had a secretary that corrected and typed early reports. Later they were replaced with programs with spell check. Add peer / legal review of published work and I got spoiled and never really improved the spelling.
A math major with a career in the sciences and then hands on semiconductor 'WETS" tech.

You should've used a colon after "I offer the following".

• Haha

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

I just wish all these people were around when I was in college. I could of used the proof readers and it would of definitely improved my GPA.