Sams Club

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Amazes me that somebody with freezers full of meat and meat on foot needs to go to the store to buy meat during these “trying times” 🤔

I don't, my wife does the shopping, I don't..... Far as on the hoof, that isn't an instant deal anyway.

Both freezers are pretty full but I always have room and if I ran out, I'd buy another freezer. In fact I will probably have to for frozedn veges this year.

Really need another so I can segregate the stuff better. One for game meat, one for domestic on the hoof, store bought, frozen pizza's and the like and one for vegetables. Would save me rummaging through them.

cjoffutt

Oct 14, 2019
Indiana
Thing is, stuff gets freezer burned because I am by my self now so where as I use to get a half, now it is just a couple pounds of ground chuck or round or half a dozen pork chops or a small ham or pork shoulder to smoke or what ever. Seems now a dozen eggs last 2 weeks or more

Family of (6) here, nothing lasts longer than a few days it feels, lol.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man I remember those days, those kids could go through half a cow in about 3 weeks and a deer didnt last very long either. :)

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
You are seeing the backlash of the Covid 19 plant shut downs. The shutting down of packing plants has messed up the chain of production and meat deliveries in this country. Major producers have had to destroy thousands of fat hogs and aborted sows as there was no where to go with the hogs. The beef producers have been faced with similar situations. Shutting down the economy here is costing us dearly and we are just starting to see the repercussions. They are working very hard to get the production back on track. As far as buying a freezer go and try. People are buying freezers that have never had one. The local butcher shops are booked for months now. People in this country do not realize how close to starvation they are.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The guy who works for me left early to go to Sams to stock up on Tuesday thinking it wouldn't be busy and maybe most things restocked from the weekend. He said there was No Members Mart TP or paper towels, some Scott TP and Bounty and No Hefty trash bags. Meat was limit 3 and No big hand sanitizer yet.
I went a month ago and there was pleanty of Sam's brands paper goods and no limit on the Hormel precooked bacon pks like there was since March.
I did go with mother to a larger food chain store last weekend Hannaford and was suprised to see many shelfs still empty.
And for the semital folks there still was one row of Arunt Jemima....no I didnt buy any.

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama
I said long ago, not in my lifetime but lately, I think... In my lifetime. Wife just bought 6 nice thick Porterhouse steaks at the local Krogers. Won't allude as to the price but we can afford it.

I would never buy any meat or fresh vege's at Sams or Costo. Fresh to them is less that 2 weeks old.
We buy most of our meat at Costco. Never got any that wasn't fresh and top quality. One of a very few places to get prime beef.

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama
The guy who works for me left early to go to Sams to stock up on Tuesday thinking it wouldn't be busy and maybe most things restocked from the weekend. He said there was No Members Mart TP or paper towels, some Scott TP and Bounty and No Hefty trash bags. Meat was limit 3 and No big hand sanitizer yet.
I went a month ago and there was pleanty of Sam's brands paper goods and no limit on the Hormel precooked bacon pks like there was since March.
I did go with mother to a larger food chain store last weekend Hannaford and was suprised to see many shelfs still empty.
And for the semital folks there still was one row of Arunt Jemima....no I didnt buy any.
Used to belong to Sams for several years and never was a fan of their meat or vegetables. When Costco came to town we made the switch and have been very pleased with their products, especially their meat.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Usually, my meat comes from outside the barn to the left of the house so I know where it comes from and how 'fresh' it really is. I hauled meat for years from Texas to NYC and none of it is 'fresh'.... :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I hauled meat for years from Texas to NYC and none of it is 'fresh'....

You shoulda driven faster! And turned the box chiller on!

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Have up on SAMs in the big city and hit the one up in Lima. Better stocked, less crowds and people aren’t being a-holes. That being said our local Meijer has had full meat cases and started running sales last week. .90/lb ribs and pork shoulders. Got me 4 of each