Sagging ganon box

Skyskier

Equipment
Kubota L 3560, front bucket, ganon box w ripper's, an a 6 ft landscape rake
Aug 27, 2021
Winchester California
I've got a 2016, L 3560, new to me, the gannon box sags to one side if I shut it off and leave it up , takes maybe 30 / 40 minutes or so,....... I've checked what hoses & connections that I can see, crawled underneath an no visible leaks, ......anybody have an idea WHERE I should be looking ? ........I got off of a mid '60's ford tractor I've had for 35 + years, and went to this Kubota, it's beyond ANY of my limited mechanical expertise, which is just about enough to get the 'ol ford back to the barn !............thanks in advance for any and all .............

Attachments

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Is your 3 pt. hitch adjusted properly? Hydraulics leak down over time. It's normal. It's good practice to lower/drop your 3 pt, loader, etc. to keep pressure off seals.

Reactions: 1 user

Skyskier

Equipment
Kubota L 3560, front bucket, ganon box w ripper's, an a 6 ft landscape rake
Aug 27, 2021
Winchester California
Is your 3 pt. hitch adjusted properly? Hydraulics leak down over time. It's normal. It's good practice to lower/drop your 3 pt, loader, etc. to keep pressure off seals.
9 times outta 10, whenever I shut it off, I drop the ganon box AND the fel,.....as for adjusting the 3 point hitch, I have NOT done that, .....when I try to level the box left to right, it'll pretty much stop close to level when I set the left side, BUT, that adjustement lever for left & right / up down is REALLY "touchy, I mean REALLY touchy, ..............I dunno what is "normal" as of yet...................

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Looking at the rear of the tractor it kind of looks like you have a hydraulic top and side link. If not, please ignore the rest of this post.

As imnukensc stated, it’s normal for hydraulics to leak down, even the top link and sidelink if they’re hydraulic, so it would be normal for it to be a bit off level when you first start it up with a hydraulic side link.

What I do with mine to address that potential irritation is I removed the fixed link that came on the left side and replaced it with the turnbuckle manually adjustable link from the right side when I got the hydraulic side link. I ran the hydraulic side link on the right side all the way up, then adjusted the manual link on the left side to level the box scrape/3 point.

So now when I start the tractor, normally the right side is sagging a bit. I just run the hydraulic side link all the way up and it’s level. No thought, no checking, no fiddling, just run it full up and it’s level.

If I want it tilted, dropping the side link works for what I do about 98% of the time. If I want to tilt it the other way or tilt it even further the same way, of course I still have the option to adjust the manual link in addition to hydraulic. However, default position is level with the hydraulic side link all the way up.