Safety switch?..

Fishman1

Equipment
L3800fel
Jan 21, 2012
Maine
Got a question for you all. I have an l3800 with around 50hrs on it and am trying to isolate the switch that is causing the engine to shut down before I have the dealer here for the 50 service. Here's the scoop. I typically start up my tractor and let it warm up before putting it to work. In doing so I lock the brake and get off, sometime she will shut off, sometimes she will stay running when I exit the seat. I tried putting the hydro in neutral as well as locking the brake before exiting the tractor and it still shuts off intermittently. Anyone else have this issue? I was also told it could be a simple hydro pedal adjustment. Other than this issue the tractor has performed amazingly well.......any input would be appreciated.

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
Try this:

Tip the seat forward immediately and this overrides both the PTO and Seat Switch. They do this so you can run a PTO device such as generator, post hole digger, etc.

In my experience, the seat switch will cause shutdown normally, if you leave the seat. I can't recall if being in "gear" makes any difference.

Get the dealer to fix the issue as it should at least be doing the same thing, all the time.

Fishman1

Equipment
L3800fel
Jan 21, 2012
Maine
Thanks for the info, I tried flipping the seat up and the tractor stays running like it is suppose to. I guess that leaves the pedal adjustment since the safety switches seem to be doing their job. I will let he dealer figree it out since it is a warranty item. Thanks.