Safety Switch Seat Stuck

BotaBob20

Equipment
2020 Kubota MX5400
Mar 22, 2021
Central WI
I hope can find someone with solution. Its winter time here and i'm not sure if the cold is holding it up or what. But every time I drive my tractor lately as soon as I press HST pedal machine turns off. Almost like it would if i wasn't sitting in the seat and pressed the pedal. Honestly do not care if I have to find a bypass mechanism or maybe you guys think new seat switch is warranted (only have 25 hrs on tractor), really getting tired of every 5 minutes having to hop up and down like a kangarro on the tractor to get it to recognize me.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
With twenty five hours on the tractor it sounds like a warranty issue. Even so, check the way the seat is mounted. The seat on my L25001 pivots up on a kind of rod. One end of the rod slipped out of its bracket allowing the seat too much play. A cotter pin and a washer fixed it. The switch was fine. In the process I learned there is a little tab I can bend to adjust the switch. Check around a bit for the actual problem, though it could indeed be the switch itself.