Safety Element for New BX1870

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
I have done a search on this resulting in little to no information. We are taking delivery of a new BX1870-1 tomorrow. Just wondering if the air cleaner housing will accept a safety (inner air) element. We have a 2008 RTV1100 and it runs both, an inner and outer air filter element. We live in a dusty area and would like to have this extra protection. Will ask the dealer about this but wanted to ask here as well.

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
Haha - air filter... you just wanted to tell everyone you were getting a new tractor!!!:) Don't forget the pics.

I have done a search on this resulting in little to no information. We are taking delivery of a new BX1870-1 tomorrow. Just wondering if the air cleaner housing will accept a safety (inner air) element. We have a 2008 RTV1100 and it runs both, an inner and outer air filter element. We live in a dusty area and would like to have this extra protection. Will ask the dealer about this but wanted to ask here as well.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Posting pic's is beyond my skill level. Our package included the 1870-1, 54" regular mmm, bagger and loader and we opted for the turf tires. Tires were a nod to the lawn and the primary reason for the bagger is leaf removal in the Fall.

In regards to the air filter.... There is only one element. To run a primary and a safety would require a housing change and there is precious little room in there. We will just have to be extra vigilant. At least the filter is very easy to get to, that certainly helps.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Thank you, Marty. We are retiring a '95 John Deere 425 AWS w/bagger cart system. It has about 1,100 hours on it and the engine is starting to consume a little oil. Now that we have a replacement on site, I will pull the engine, rebuild it and find it a new home. Pretty good machine overall, we just needed something with a broader range of use. My two boys, nearly 12 & 13, are pretty excited. They now have a loader (the BX), and a dump truck (the RTV) making it easier to clean up after their fair animals. We have bigger equipment but, nothing I would turn them loose with. No need for alarm, we ARE safety conscious and they are more 'supervised' than they realize. ;)