S850 drive chain

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
I have snapped the drive chain 66603-32332 on my S850.

It could be through abuse or that the adjuster was siezed

The local Kubota (in the UK) dealer tells me there are none world wide through Kubota.

My local chain suppiers tells me that it is a none standard chain.

Does any one know where I can get the correct chain or has any one altered the sprockets to accept a standard chain?

vino

Equipment
rotavator
Mar 9, 2011
ireland
Hi Kevint,I am having the same problem with my tiller chain here in Ireland,seems to affect european tillers only.The pitch on my chain is 7/8" which is not available from any stockists that I have tried.Somebody must make this chain.
regards vino.

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
Hi Vino

Yes the chain apperas to be 7/8" and is manufactured by OCM (ORIENTAL CHAIN MFG.CO.,LTD)

It appears to be the 4H63 chain (http://www.ocm.co.jp/en/pro/extra_h_d/index.html)

The web site lists a number of American dealers. I will email one and see what I can do.

I also emailed an American Kubota dealer to see if they had stock. They are not allowed to supply the UK.

It apperas that Mr K says "no" to inter border trading.

Will let you know more when I know more.

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
I have just been advised of a new part number, 66603-32330, and there is stock in the USA at a price.

vino

Equipment
rotavator
Mar 9, 2011
ireland
Have e-mailed the international business agent,waiting for reply.Did you get a price from the american agent?
regards vino

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Let us on the US side know how high that price is and what the US Kubota guys say about exporting. Something can probably be arranged. :)

vino

Equipment
rotavator
Mar 9, 2011
ireland
Hi Kevint,checked the spec on my chain and it seems to be H745B and is 46 links long.4H63 is 3/4" pitch not 7/8".
vino

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
I have posted this suggestion before, but you might consider replacing the sprockets with standard sized ones with roughly the same tooth ratio. Sprockets are cheap, but you may have to get a machine shop fit them to the respective axles. I had chain problems with an old baler and I did this.

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
Hi Vino
I have had the measuring stick out again to check and my chain has a 19mm pitch with 7mm pins. All the dimension are as per the 4H63 chain.

The drive cog has 11 teeth and the driven cog 16.

The drive cog is driven by a 11.77 mm pin which is easily accessed via 4 bolts which hold on a small cover.

This looks like a shear pin.

If it is then why did it not do its job.

Hi Mingy
I have been considering this route for a while, the great advantage being that it will be easier to fix if it happens another time.

I will probably check this out on monday

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
Kevint

From what I read, chain problems are often associated with sprocket wear, so its not unusual to change both.

I bought sprockets without hubs for 'weld on' application. I was lucky in that I found some with IDs which were pretty close to the hubs I had. I pulled of the old sprockets no small feat, with all the rust) and attacked the old sprocket with a grinder. I cut ground the old sprocket off the hub (this would have been a lot easier if I had had a lathe or milling machine), put the new sprockets on and MIG welded them in place.

I am sure a machine shop with do this for not very much money if you brought them the bits.

If I recall, the exact tooth count wasn't available but I found something which came pretty close ratio wise. It seemed to work ok.

About a year later a gear box in the machine broke, so I gave up on it. It went to the scrap year with nice sprockets and a chain, though.

vino

Equipment
rotavator
Mar 9, 2011
ireland
Hi,priced standard 1" chain and two new sprockets approx €100 +cost of machining centres.Will probably go down this road so as to eliminate problems in future.
vino

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
And now the low cost solution.

I bought a 3/4" heavy duty spare link which has different depth side links to my chain. I drilled this to take the 7mm pins from the original chain and pressed it all together in a vice.

I then peened the pins with a hammer.

I have just tilled two acres so all looks good but I also made sure that the tensioning device worked ok.