running with hydraulic lines disconnected

MrMarkSH

Equipment
L4701, top-n-tilt, loader, gannon, rear blade
May 7, 2023
Southern California, USA
Forgive the hydraulic newbie here, but this is a question even the dealer seems to have trouble with.
If I switch rear attachments, and disconnect the Top-n-Tilt lines -- leaving them connected at the cylinders, so they are closed -- and use these remote ports for a different attachment, will the T-n-T cylinders drift?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Depends on if you have any internal leakage in the cylinder (oil bypassing around "O" rings) or if the disconnects "O" rings hold the pressure (they should).

I would add that (in my experience) when I disconnect hydraulic lines, male connectors rarely leak but female connectors weep a little bit of hydraulic fluid. Don't know if one (male/female) holds better than the other.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Forgive the hydraulic newbie here, but this is a question even the dealer seems to have trouble with.
If I switch rear attachments, and disconnect the Top-n-Tilt lines -- leaving them connected at the cylinders, so they are closed -- and use these remote ports for a different attachment, will the T-n-T cylinders drift?
Far more likely when they are connected.

Dan

Last edited: