Running tractor too hard?

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
So I have 270 hrs on my B2601. Got it March of 2016 and have been abusing it ever since. I figure I'm paying a lot of money for this thing and want to use it. Does anyone have any advise on how hard you shouldn't run it. Have been clearing a lot of woods and lots of loader work. Mowing is the least amount of abuse this tractor gets. Any advise from you guys is appreciated. I want this thing to last me 20+ yrs if I can. I do all the recommended maintenance on it plus some. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
They are made to work.
As long as you keep up with maintenance like greasing every 10 hours and such.
I always try to get my moneys worth out of it.
The monthly payment is equivalent to a weekend of rental for me.

Ray

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Working is what it is built for. Now getting rammy and bashing things with bucket or lifing too heavy with one corner will hurt it.or you.
Slamming ramming yanking on things will wreck anything. Yet its suprising what they can do if you take care and play safe.

I know a guy who could wreck an anvil....

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
437 hours on my B2620 so far. And has moved 400 tonnes of pit-run B gravel up my hills that I haul home with my dump truck and graded it into roads.

Not to mention doing firewood, snow removal and mowing 2 acres of lawn.

Attachments

Alfie457

Equipment
B2601hsd,LP tiller, LP grapple, Titan augger, gearmore box blade & pallet forks
Jan 5, 2017
Hawaii
My mechanic friend works at my local Kubota dealer told me"just watch the engine temperature" Kutobta's engine doesn't like being overheated.

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
You know, I did the same thing. For quite a few years I used my little B5200 for things I should have had a bull dozer to do. I bought the tractor in 1987 and I'm still using it. It has an easier life today but it certainly didn't start out that way. I bought 10 acres of jungle and used the tractor to clear it. You might be creating extra maintenance for yourself using the tractor hard but it can take it.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
If that is a weight box on the rear of the tractor, I would be concerned with it being lifted so high. Its center of gravity actually looks to be above the height of the rear axle.

The weight box counters the weight on the front end loader when lifting but if you are moving things or lifting things with the bucket up a ways or working on side slopes, you can lay the tractor on its side. Especially dangerous on side slopes with the loader bucket full and high.

The front axle pivots so it adds little to the lateral stability of the tractor. Keeping the weight box low resists over turning the tractor. Some people find rear wheel spacers a big improvement as it makes the tractor wider in the rear and more resistant to rolling over.

Seat belt use in these hard work, difficult terrain situations is very important. The tractor will roll over so fast you don't have time to react.

Dave M7040