Rubber Floor Mats B2601

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
So this is my second B2601- the first one I never had a problem with but this one (about a year old, 60hrs) is starting to drive me crazy with a small issue.

The rubber floor mats are loose on it, almost like they were stretched out. Even with all the rubber locking nubs in their holes the mat is loose, my foot catches it an keeps popping the nubs out of their holes. Annoying yes, but it also has caught my foot a few times getting on/off. Again, my older unit that I sold never gave me a single problem in the 250 hours that I ran it.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Nope. Mine is tight. Maybe ping the dealer and see if they could warranty a new piece.
just curious why you replaced the first machine at 250 hrs?

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
I’ve found most of the dealers around here to be less than helpful with things like that but it’s a good idea for sure.

I sold my “old” b2601 because I happened to stumble on a like new machine for the same price I sold the old one for. A free trade in basically for a new machine. Nothing was wrong with the old one- the old did have r4 tires and the new has turfs which so far has been an excellent move for what I use the tractor for.

Gsmittles

Equipment
B2601
Nov 1, 2022
Mesick michigan
So this is my second B2601- the first one I never had a problem with but this one (about a year old, 60hrs) is starting to drive me crazy with a small issue.

The rubber floor mats are loose on it, almost like they were stretched out. Even with all the rubber locking nubs in their holes the mat is loose, my foot catches it an keeps popping the nubs out of their holes. Annoying yes, but it also has caught my foot a few times getting on/off. Again, my older unit that I sold never gave me a single problem in the 250 hours that I ran it.

I have a 2021 2601 andI have the same problem. I tore the cheap things out yesterday.

VaGlock

Equipment
B2601 FEL - BH
Jun 28, 2020
Central Va.
It's possible that a chemical or fuel got on the mat and degraded the rubber. May have happened at the dealer and over a period of time affected the rubber mat. Would definitely go to the dealer and see if they will work with you on a replacement. Any idea what they cost?

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
The floor mats on my 2022 B2601 are tight, secure and of no problem whatsoever.

Are these mats Japan-installed or US added? JP imo.

Even if my mats started to come loose & failed I'd replace them with OEM units. But that seem like a long way into the future! :)

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville

Mine, bought in January, is loose. I step up on it and then put the other foot up on the harder hump and do not rotate the left foot on the mat. Getting off, have to kinda jump up to rotate my left foot, as rotating my foot on the mat makes a mess.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
It's possible that a chemical or fuel got on the mat and degraded the rubber. May have happened at the dealer and over a period of time affected the rubber mat. Would definitely go to the dealer and see if they will work with you on a replacement. Any idea what they cost?
Not misshaped any by anything, just loose.

Reactions: 1 users

7milesup

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, 54" MMM, 48" King Kutter, Fabricated land plane (it is awesome!).
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
My B2601
Mine, bought in January, is loose. I step up on it and then put the other foot up on the harder hump and do not rotate the left foot on the mat. Getting off, have to kinda jump up to rotate my left foot, as rotating my foot on the mat makes a mess.
Same here. These mats suck. They are so lightweight that as soon as you twist your foot it immediately pops the rubber pull-through's out of the metal and the mat gets all bunched up. I have less than 25 hours on my tractor. My previous tractor was a BX2380 and it had a substantially better mat system on the operator platform. And no, I will not paint Herculiner or any other crap on my tractor. The tractor is going back to the dealer in a little while to see if they can diagnose a terrible vibration in the tractor, especially around 1800 RPM.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My B2601

Same here. These mats suck. They are so lightweight that as soon as you twist your foot it immediately pops the rubber pull-through's out of the metal and the mat gets all bunched up. I have less than 25 hours on my tractor. My previous tractor was a BX2380 and it had a substantially better mat system on the operator platform. And no, I will not paint Herculiner or any other crap on my tractor. The tractor is going back to the dealer in a little while to see if they can diagnose a terrible vibration in the tractor, especially around 1800 RPM.
You live in WI. and like rubber floor mats on any vehicle surface?
Floor mats were a guaranteed creator of rust, when I lived in MN.
Different now in WI?