RTV520 50 hour maintenance

kdparker

Equipment
Kubota B2601 and RTV520
Nov 23, 2020
East Tennessee
Lessons Learned on 50 hour maintenance on Kubota RTV520

I looked on internet forums and YouTube for information/hints on performing 50 hour maintenance on my Kubota RTV520.

I did not find much information, but I did get two replies on the Orange Tractor Talks forum.

So, I decided to record my lessons learned from completing the 50 hour maintenance items specified in the operator's manual.

Good info to know up front:

• Engine oil filter # HH1JO-32430
  • Transmission suction filter # HHK72-14080
  • Transmission VHT Filter (yellow) # HHK70-14073
  • Need 3/4 in socket for lug nut torque
  • Need 9/16 in socket for oil drain plug

Suggestions / Hints

• Wash the engine area top and bottom before beginning work. I was surprised how dirty mine was and took it back out of shop and washed it before starting work. It would have been nice to have done this the day before so it could have dried off before working underneath.
  • Have two quarts of UDT2 available, I loss about 1 ¾ quarts replacing both filters.
  • Raise the seat and the flap over the battery to help gain access for removing the “yellow filter” see attached photo.
    filter access.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

BruceMyers48

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, 6' Boxblade, 6' Mower
Nov 9, 2014
Zephyrhills, FL USA
Do I have to use Kubota Oil in my oil change for my RTV520 and what type do I use here in central Florida 10W /30 or 10w/40? Thanks

GlenG

Equipment
RTV520D
Feb 2, 2024
Maine

I looked on internet forums and YouTube for information/hints on performing 50 hour maintenance on my Kubota RTV520.

I did not find much information, but I did get two replies on the Orange Tractor Talks forum.

So, I decided to record my lessons learned from completing the 50 hour maintenance items specified in the operator's manual.

Suggestions / Hints

• Wash the engine area top and bottom before beginning work. I was surprised how dirty mine was and took it back out of shop and washed it before starting work. It would have been nice to have done this the day before so it could have dried off before working underneath.
  • Have two quarts of UDT2 available, I loss about 1 ¾ quarts replacing both filters.
  • Raise the seat and the flap over the battery to help gain access for removing the “yellow filter” see attached photo. View attachment 105699
Thanks for your post on the 50 hour maintenance. I just purchased my RTV520D today and also picked up the filters and fluids for the 50 hour maintenance. I tried to find the fuel filter when at the dealer and they haven't even serviced one of these yet. So I went to parts department and asked to see the filter so I could get an idea where to look. From what I can tell it appears you have to remove the seatbelts and the plastic backing behind the seat belts which covers the width of the RTV to be able to service the fuel filter. There are no videos for servicing the RTV520 on YouTube, at least I could not find any. I was glad to see your post. Thanks for taking time to post your results and insight. Hope you have much enjoyment with your RTV!

jomifo

Equipment
RTV 520
Mar 1, 2024
Northeast Ohio

Suggestions / Hints

• Raise the seat and the flap over the battery to help gain access for removing the “yellow filter” see attached photo. View attachment 105699
Thanks for posting this. I have 30 hours now and getting ready to order the parts for this service. In case anybody is copying and pasting your part numbers in search boxes, note that the engine oil filter part is HH1J0-32430 . You have the first zero as the letter O, which failed to find any results when I copy and pasted it in the Messicks parts search box.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I tried to find the fuel filter when at the dealer
There is no fuel filter on the RTV520, just a sock on the inlet of the fuel pump. On the off chance that the sock gets plugged, you just remove the fuel pump/sender assembly and wash the sock.

Reactions: 1 user