RTV x1100c Black Smoke and Engine miss HELP...

Dieselfuel007

Nov 17, 2018
Liberty Il
Mine is doing the exact same thing what is this ball and slide I take it it’s an internal part on the injection pump ?can this be fixed on your own or does the pump have to be sent off

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
I'm kinda lost too 007.. I'm going to assume he took the pump apart & found the ball on the end of 1 of his segments had broken??
A fuel shop will have those parts..
Not knowing your mechanical ability 007.. its hard to say if you could do it or not.
I've been rebuilding them for over 30 years, so it comes pretty naturally to me.

Dieselfuel007

Nov 17, 2018
Liberty Il
When he says ball do you think it’s the one of the rollers on the bottom of the pump it looks really easy to remove so I think I’m going to take it out today and see if one of those has an issue

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
I doubt it..
but yes, removing the pump is the first/best step in diagnosing a weak/no pumping cylinder..
Have a good look at the engine cam lobes also.. u can bump the key to bring the cam lobes around to have a look.. your looking for a smashed lobe.. Its uncommon but it does happen..
The problem w/ pulling the pump is, once its out.. theres a little devil on your shoulder YELLING in your ear>> TAKE IT APART.. WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?? Lol..

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Inside THAT pump are "segments" that turn the pumping plunger for the correct fuel quantity.. THEY have a little ball on the end of them..
Its not very common that they break.. prob. what you'll find is a broken spring..??
As long as u stay in the BOTTOM of the pump> rollers & spring area, you wont need any gaskets or seals..
BUT.. if u go to the top of the pump & start tearing it apart, that's a different story.. I don't recommend u do that with out getting the correct orings & gaskets.

Last edited:

Dieselfuel007

Nov 17, 2018
Liberty Il
thats what it act like is a broken spring if it is a broken spring should i replace all three while its out ?kubota doesn't offer these parts where can i get them?

JD55

Equipment
forks, hay spear, cutditioner, hay rake, square baler, 6-foot mower, blade, bho
Aug 14, 2013
Bellefonte, Pa. 16823
Mine did the same thing, it was a pin in the injection pump, It was rebuilt, then did it again. Different pin. Plus, make sure they shim them correctly,and check all three.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Kubota doesn't MAKE the fuel system.. they buy it from Zexel..
Search> "1100c injection pump"
I don't recommend u go any further.. but its your pump..
A fuel inj. shop will have all those parts..
There is a set of #'s stamped into the pumps mounting flange..
to the left of the fuel inlet.. 5#'s.. get the #'s & I'll help u search the parts.

Does the control rack on the pump slide back & forth VERY freely ??
Or do u have to "help it".. do u feel any hard spots in its movement??

Last edited:

Dieselfuel007

Nov 17, 2018
Liberty Il
It slides freely now but when I first removed it had a hard spot in it what does this mean also when you look in the hole on the block where the pump come out of towards the front of the rtv on the governor is the spring on the front of the governor arm supposed to be attached to this arm cause currently it’s acting like a compression spring and appears to be hooked to the engine block it just looked odd not being hooked up to the governor arm

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
I think it has 2 springs.. 1 governor spring & 1 start spring.. the start spr. is usually a "fine" spring & attached to the block.. & pulls for starting fuel. Then once the engine starts, the main gov. spring takes over.

Dieselfuel007

Nov 17, 2018
Liberty Il
well i just found the problem i took the rack out and there is a ball broke off that engages the rack wonder where i can find a parts break down to order parts