rtv 900x cylinder head

bsamot69

Equipment
M9000
Jul 31, 2018
Grapeland, Texas
I have this 900x side by side that had been submerged completely in water. over the past year i have been plugging away at it fixing this and that. i have it running and drove it around a little bit and now there is water in the oil. I changed the oil and ran it for a few minutes and it gets gray white mix that quick. during my short road tests the engine did not overheat. my questions; do the cylinder heads have a history of cracking or warping or is this a replace the head gasket type job? is there a history of the blocks on these engines cracking? the thing runs pretty good except for the emulsified oil. thank you in advance for your help

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Do a cooling system pressure test. Then with the engine running, are there bubbles in the coolant? Are you loosing coolant? How many times have you changed the oil and filter since the Water World?
If all checks out, you may simply still have trapped water. Sometimes, letting it run for a long time (under load) will heat it up enough to evaporate off.