RPMs Vs Speed Chart

laketractor

Equipment
BX237, 60" MMM, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, FEL, Tow Spreader, Tow Sprayer
Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
I have another question, in fact I have a lot of questions. I frequently use my BX2370 to pull a tow behind spreader and tow behind sprayer. Both require you to travel at a given speed for a given application of product. Does anyone know if a chart exists which will give me speeds at a set rpms, for for both low and high range for my tractor.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Lol I have to agree. Use a gps or smart phone gps and measure. Start with base 1500 RPM in low speed and measure as that will be your starting point speed as minimum when pedal is all the way down.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really guys your way over thinking this,, Your spreader should be set to the lowest or least amount of product you want to spread. Make a couple runs and just watch what you use in a given area if its to much close the gate, not enough open it up a tad. That's how we did it in the old days :D

laketractor

Equipment
BX237, 60" MMM, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, FEL, Tow Spreader, Tow Sprayer
Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
No such button on a BX2370, wish there was. Someday I might buy a "big boy" tractor.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Try this method for a reasonable approximation of ground speed in miles per hour:

1. Drive a post into the ground.
2. Write down the RPM you will drive at.
3. Get a running start at that stable RPM; drive in straight line past post.
4. Click stopwatch (phone, wristwatch) when passing post.
5. Time 1-min.
6. Stop at end of 1-min (or observe a marker or drop a glove to the side).
7. Measure from original post to 1-min end marker.
8. Multiply number of feet times 0.011.
9. Repeat and recalculate; go each direction twice.
10. Average the answers and you have your ground speed in MPH.

The more times you do this the more accurate the final answer.

You can twiddle the numbers like this:
(Any number feet)divided by(how many minutes)times(0.011) = MPH

The answer becomes more accurate the longer distance you drive and the precision with which you click stop-start.

It helps to have a long measuring tape; the longer the tape the better the answer.

If you have only short measuring tape, use 15- (0.25-min) or 30-secs (0.5-min). [[Got to use "minutes" not "seconds" to make this process work.]] But the final answer will be less accurate.

This basic approach is one usually found in publications from state universties ag departments when discussing calibration of sprayers.

I use this every season when recalibrating sprayers. I even have a marked course by tying flagging on a fence. Fast, simple, and accurate enough.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My cel phone has a speed app. Its pretty accurate.
Speed,nozzle size and pressure all are factors you need to calculate.
Gallon (s) per acre is what it all comes down to.
1/4 acre measured out or 1/10 acre. Fill sprayer with appropriate amount of water and go spray. Shouldnt take long to figure out your speed requirement.

Farmers depend on accuracy,as over applying chemical can get ridiculously expensive really fast.

Knowing your acreage is step 1.
Google earth helps with that,used it to figure out how much grass i cut-all nine acres of it.