Rotary mower on MX5200HST

DonnieTrump

Dec 9, 2017
Wilton Center, IL
Hi...brand new user here. I have got a MX5200HST and am thinking next year I may try and mow roadsides with it. I normally do that with a bigger tractor. Will my MX handle a Woods BB840? Woods says a 40 PTO HP minimum which I know I am good on, but the mower supposedly weighs 1,400 pounds. Too much weight on the 3 pt or am I ok? I have a loader on the front for counterweight but is that too much stress on the tractor?

Last edited:

Fastdonzi

Equipment
New Grand L3560
Dec 4, 2015
East Tn
My Neighbor a 72" Woods Brand with all the dangling safety chains and stuff on his MX5200, his mower has to weigh 1200-1300lbs. He has a front Loader as well, I mowed with his after working on his mower and going up hill when the turbo came on it lifted the front wheels, Impressed Me with the Power but not with how heavy the bigger Mowers can be, it bounces the front end alot with that heavy of mower on it. I have a 60" on my L3560 and its not nearly as heavy as the Heavy Duty Woods mower and I dont get the squatting rear or Bouncing front. if you get a Big mower try to get a lighter one. that Heavy Duty Woods Brand is a Beast, it sheared off the 3/4" bolt (On the mower side) of the top link... Although Kubota says it is a good match for that tractor I dont like it..

grandwazoo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5200 TLB, Kodiak box blade, wicked root grapple, EA pallet forks
Dec 12, 2017
Finger Lakes
Donnie, did you get your mower?
wondering what you end up with.

grandwazoo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5200 TLB, Kodiak box blade, wicked root grapple, EA pallet forks
Dec 12, 2017
Finger Lakes
i am wondering what mower as well.
i hope the bb72x does what i need it to do.