Rops program

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
So I talked to the people at the rops program and have been put on the waiting list. I guess there funding is low right now. My cost would be $98.00 for the rops once they get to me.

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
I think the program pays for it. If you paid I think your out of luck , but you can check the link out and call them.

JRaf

Equipment
L245DT
Oct 15, 2019
Los Olivos CA
Just to bump the thread: the parts guy at the local dealer said he'd heard of the ROPS program but never ordered one before. But he called Kubota on my behalf and ordered one for my l245DT. It took over six weeks to arrive but I picked it up today. Total price (including shipping and tax) was $233.47. It came with seatbelt, stickers, etc. The guys at the dealer were super-helpful (and I've never bought much there except an occasional O ring). Berchtold Equipment in Santa Maria, CA.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I used the program on a 1974 JD back in ~1998. I don't recall the price but it was a significant savings.

JRaf

Equipment
L245DT
Oct 15, 2019
Los Olivos CA
Yeah, I think the Rops lists for somewhere around $750(?). Of course as the parts guy pointed out, it's the simplest, plainest Rops you can get (it doesn't fold and isn't easily removable once mounted) but... I'm really happy to have it on the tractor. I had a B series (which did have a Rops) before this L series and I rolled it on a hilly pasture. It's not an experience I want to repeat but I certainly don't want to repeat it without protection.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Just to bump the thread: the parts guy at the local dealer said he'd heard of the ROPS program but never ordered one before. But he called Kubota on my behalf and ordered one for my l245DT. It took over six weeks to arrive but I picked it up today. Total price (including shipping and tax) was $233.47. It came with seatbelt, stickers, etc. The guys at the dealer were super-helpful (and I've never bought much there except an occasional O ring). Berchtold Equipment in Santa Maria, CA.
Hello, can you please post any and all part numbers, etc? Last year I tried to get a ROPS for mine, but the dealer was told the bolt kit was unavailable, and so the whole ROPS was unavailable. Even spoke to Kubota corporate, no luck. I've love to get the ROPS for my tractor ASAP.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Search on the site for “ROPS installation L175 & L225”

Read through that and there are part numbers listed there for your tractor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Last year when I spoke to Kubota USA, the L1112B seatbelt and bolt kit that was part of the entire ROPS kit assembly 35378-2000 was discontinued and for some time the entire assembly was unavailable as a result. As the ROPS kit assembly is available again, I'm wondering if the same part and item designations apply, or if it has changed, because the nearest US dealer isn't able to find the SFL-27 in the whole goods system.

JRaf

Equipment
L245DT
Oct 15, 2019
Los Olivos CA
I'll post pic of bill. But as I understand it, there is no parts number. It's not a part it's some sort of whole goods order (like a tractor would be). Kubota wasn't quick about this, but the parts guy was persistent, and I kept bugging him. For the record, the kit came with the ROPS, the seatbelt, all the hardware, and decals.
They did want the tractor model and S/N before they did anything and I think it all came through Kubota USA. Could that be the problem?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I'll post pic of bill. But as I understand it, there is no parts number. It's not a part it's some sort of whole goods order (like a tractor would be). Kubota wasn't quick about this, but the parts guy was persistent, and I kept bugging him. For the record, the kit came with the ROPS, the seatbelt, all the hardware, and decals.
They did want the tractor model and S/N before they did anything and I think it all came through Kubota USA. Could that be the problem?
The kit number is SFL-27, it is for Kubota but it is made in the US probably by a couple of different vendors (ie: rops from one place, seatbelt somewhere else, etc.) As such the components have different identifiers too, (ie: the seatbelt and bolts were L1112B, and not available last year). I know it isn't available through my dealer here in BC, but I was ordering it from the US dealer right across the border.

tyrepros

Equipment
L175, Woods mower, Aerator, rake, kids rides
May 4, 2009
Freehold, NJ USA
They sent it right to my shop as we a business. One dealer was adament about it being done there, no. Try another dealer with a nicer guy...

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia