ROPS BOLTS

Barefoot guy

Equipment
1993 Kubota B7100hst. RC60 belly mower.
Jun 2, 2022
West Virginia
I just drove 3 hrs one way to pick up a ROPS for my B7100HST. Does anyone know what size the 6 bolts are to hold it on? I cleaned out the holes (it has never had one) but I can't figure out the size or the thread pitch or even if it is SAE or metric. I have some old mopar head bolts that are 1/2 inch diameter and they start in the hole but only about 1 thread. And they would be too long as I think they need to only be 1 1/2" long maybe? Thanks ugys ahead of time.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would assume they are metric and extra fine thread M12 x 1.25

I believe many of that size bolts are used on the tractor so you may be able to find a bolt on the tractor to remove and trial fit. Then take that and get it measured to confirm.

I recommend using the high strength bolts (10.9?). You may need to get a few (2 or 4) studs with nuts to help with getting it installed and then replace with bolts.

I recommend you get the holes on the tractor cleaned out first using something like PB Blaster and running a bolt into each hole. My tractor had some plastic plugs in the holes to keep them protected and some were hard to see that the plug was there. (The flange on the plug was gone)

Reactions: 1 user