RMM for BX2200

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
So I purchased a BX2200 a few years ago and it came with a MMM. I mow about 3 acres of my 5 acre property. There are a few trees around the house, but overall it is wide open and flat.

Overall I am happy with the performance of the MMM, but I use the BX for a lot of other things besides mowing. This means that I am removing and attaching the MMM quite a bit. It is not terrible, but a RMM would appear to be easier to hook up etc.

From what I have read the RMM isnt going to give me as nice of a cut, but I am not too worried about that. Looking at HP ratings it looks like a 48" would be about the max.....am I correct on this? I know that is true for something like a brush hog due to the weight, but didnt know if a RMM was any different due to having their own wheels.

Has anyone else gone this route and if so, what was your experience?

Plan would be to try and find a used one fairly cheap to try out. If it works well then I would be trying to sell off my MMM.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
What size MMM does your BX have now? Your BX should be able to handle a 5' rear finish mower. Cut quality will be as good or better than the MMM. Question: why do you take your MMM off to do "other things?" I'm on flat ground and the only reason I've ever taken my MMM off was for maintenance.

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
What size MMM does your BX have now? Your BX should be able to handle a 5' rear finish mower. Cut quality will be as good or better than the MMM. Question: why do you take your MMM off to do "other things?" I'm on flat ground and the only reason I've ever taken my MMM off was for maintenance.
I have a 60" MMM.

The MMM bangs around a lot with some of the FEL/Box blade projects I do. I have had to replace one of the deck lifting arms and they are pricey. The MMM also reduces my ground clearance.....but mostly it is the banging around.
IMG_5789.JPG

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
So I purchased a BX2200 a few years ago and it came with a MMM. I mow about 3 acres of my 5 acre property. There are a few trees around the house, but overall it is wide open and flat.

Overall I am happy with the performance of the MMM, but I use the BX for a lot of other things besides mowing. This means that I am removing and attaching the MMM quite a bit. It is not terrible, but a RMM would appear to be easier to hook up etc.

From what I have read the RMM isnt going to give me as nice of a cut, but I am not too worried about that. Looking at HP ratings it looks like a 48" would be about the max.....am I correct on this? I know that is true for something like a brush hog due to the weight, but didnt know if a RMM was any different due to having their own wheels.

Has anyone else gone this route and if so, what was your experience?

Plan would be to try and find a used one fairly cheap to try out. If it works well then I would be trying to sell off my MMM.
If I ever replace my MMM, I’d probably think real hard about a flail mower…they don’t take up so much space out the back and leave a better finish than a brush cutter. Would certainly be easier on/ off than the MMM. ☕

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
The MMM also sticks out the sides etc and gets in the way of some projects like the one below.
IMG_8351.JPG

IMG_8348.JPG

Loading on the trailer with my current setup would also be more difficult with the MMM due to the loading angle and the MMM hanging down
IMG_7745.JPG