Rippers on box blade

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
KUBOTA M4900SDC & LA100C LOADER,PALLET FORKS,BRUSH HOG BOX SCRAPER 3PT HITCH
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
I hav a 2000 m4900sdc im wondering in what gear 1-4 n what range i shud use wile trying to rip up the front yard

i hav a turtle n rabbit i guess thats hi n low then i hav 1-4 gears hyst trans

and also what wud be the max rmps to run at yesterday i ran it at low gear and in 2nd gear

and the rmp ran approx 16-20k is that to much or ok this is just a box blade with rear rippers nothin fancy

thank u guz ahead time your advise and knowledge is strongly appreciated

tony

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I drop the scarifier teeth on my grading box alot and used high range and 4th gear works pretty well for me. I do the same for my B6100 or I'm running my dads L275. So I'd think your 4900 wouldn't have a problem.

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
i drop the scarifier teeth on my grading box alot and used high range and 4th gear works pretty well for me. I do the same for my b6100 or i'm running my dads l275. So i'd think your 4900 wouldn't have a problem.
eric the reason i asked is the ground here has never been touched its extremley hard!!

So my 1st attempt the rippers bareley scratched the suface and that caused the box blade to want to bounce around almost inposible
reason for trying low gear and 2nd gear my main concern is my rpm between 14-19k is that ok ??

And thank you eric for the quick reply want to try and finish this lil project this wkend
thanks a bunch

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Like Murphy said add weight to the box, also I know it sounds crazy but if the ground is that hard soak it down with a garden hose if you can.

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
[/IMG]

K OTT THE REASON DIDINT ADD WEIGHT TO MY BOX BLADE IS THIS IS A HOME MADE 500LB PLUS UNIT I GOT WITH TH PURCHASE OF A MIMIAPOLIS MOLINE 1937 YRS AGO SOLD IT SINCE BT THIS WAZ TO GOOD OFF ITEM SO SELL BUT I DID START SOAKIN AREA AND WE HAVE GOTTRNLIL RAIN SO LL LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT
THX OTT

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
If you'll look at the bottom of the teeth, bet you'll see a long shiny section. Set the box blade down on concrete or asphalt, just barely touching. The only thing that should be touching is the very front tip of the teeth. Anything more and it will not dig down. Shorten the top link to get it to dig down better.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Dude seriously 6 different posts today alone about your box blade is uncalled for an not necessary. Learn some forum etiquette and not make several posts on the same subject.

For me I'm done, I'm tired of talking cause its the same thing over and over again and its quite hard to read your posts.

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
Wow i spent countless hours and had to get a neighbor help with his equipment to modify this box blade to make it work with my kubota
its extreamly heavy and large as you can see we had to weld cut fabrcate it took alot because of its size and design to fit a 1937 miniappolis molnie

so at the end yes i was extreamley excited maybe to excited and just wanted to share my excitement with the ott

Last edited:

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
if you'll look at the bottom of the teeth, bet you'll see a long shiny section. Set the box blade down on concrete or asphalt, just barely touching. The only thing that should be touching is the very front tip of the teeth. Anything more and it will not dig down. Shorten the top link to get it to dig down better.
did as u said shorten top link and wow what a difference thanks so much greatly appreciated