Reviving a G5200

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
XYooper906, it souns like you have one heckuva machine there!! It should serve you well and those that come atter you. Maintain it well, keep the radiator screen clean and clean under the belt guards or take them off completely. They are the baine of all rusted out decks. Take care and happy cutting!! Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

Reactions: 1 user

XYooper906

Equipment
2014 ZD331LP w/72" deck and grass catcher/hopper. 1985 G5200H w/44" deck.
Mar 8, 2022
Williamson, GA
XYooper906, it souns like you have one heckuva machine there!! It should serve you well and those that come atter you. Maintain it well, keep the radiator screen clean and clean under the belt guards or take them off completely. They are the baine of all rusted out decks. Take care and happy cutting!! Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike
Yes, I hope to use and maintain it, and hopefully pass it on to my son.

I am in the habit of blowing/washing off the mower decks on all the mowers that I own or have owned. As you mentioned, many times they will rust out from the top down if clippings are left there continuously and moisture is present. Funny you mentioned the belt guards, this is the first mower I've owned where the belts were so completely enclosed by the guards. No wonder they rust out if neglected! While cleaning them up for paint, I was contemplating fabricating some perforated or skeleton-framed guards that would allow easy clean-off and greasing, while still offering some safety protection. It is definitely on my list!

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
You will have to post some pictures. They are great machines, I love mine and use it for snowblowing in the winter also. It works great.

XYooper906

Equipment
2014 ZD331LP w/72" deck and grass catcher/hopper. 1985 G5200H w/44" deck.
Mar 8, 2022
Williamson, GA
You will have to post some pictures. They are great machines, I love mine and use it for snowblowing in the winter also. It works great.
I have finished rebuilding the deck. I even used some of the decals that the original owner had in the tote full of parts!😁

In the meantime, I also have done an oil change, drained and flushed the cooling system, installed new bushings in the steering gear, and many miscellaneous items to get it ready for mowing. Correction from earlier post, tractor has 417.X hours.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Torinodan

Equipment
T1600 X2, G4200, G5200, Ford 2810
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
It has mostly stock parts. The 54" deck is from a Cub Cadet but a Previous Owner seems to have moved all the Kubota spindles, gear box and idlers from the rusty old Kubota RC48 to the modified Cub's deck. It was a well done job.
I still want to see pictures of this Cub deck install. Some point ima going to run out of deck to patch up. You should post pics, part#s for the blades and belt so I can add to my files. Thanks in advance

Torinodan

Equipment
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
I have finished rebuilding the deck. I even used some of the decals that the original owner had in the tote full of parts!😁
Good catch with all those parts. I do believe I tried to buy this same tractor but you beat me by a few hours according to the owner. Good deal.

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
I still want to see pictures of this Cub deck install. Some point ima going to run out of deck to patch up. You should post pics, part#s for the blades and belt so I can add to my files. Thanks in advance
No problem. It is still in winter storage. I'll be getting it out in a few weeks and will take some photos of it.

Reactions: 1 users

Torinodan

Equipment
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
No problem. It is still in winter storage. I'll be getting it out in a few weeks and will take some photos of it.
Ever get the tractor out of cold storage yet? I still want to see the deck you have and how it's put together. I have I believe a similar deck and looking for the starting point of moding it.

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
Ever get the tractor out of cold storage yet? I still want to see the deck you have and how it's put together. I have I believe a similar deck and looking for the starting point of moding it.
@Torinodan

Finally out. I made a new thread with details and pictures here:

Enjoy