Retirement

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Congrats!

What I've learned is being "retired" but living on acreage with a long list of projects means you never get a day off or vacation. The upside is you only answer to yourself, but apparently I'm a slave-driver :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Congrats!

What I've learned is being "retired" but living on acreage with a long list of projects means you never get a day off or vacation. The upside is you only answer to yourself, but apparently I'm a slave-driver :)
Eventually: You will get to the point where...... reading the new posts on OTT will be the highlight of your day!:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
My official retirement is today.
Although 3 years ago the wife and I decided the circus was no longer compatible with living.

Yep, yesterday was chainsaw and Kubota grapple work day. Two black walnut stands grew up and survived amongst the cedars, hickory, oaks, etc. I am ensuring those black walnuts will now thrive. Working outdoors is great workplace therapy. No Safety Office to regulate how I clear trees; no schedule to meet any goals but mine. I do miss having an entry level technician to sharpen my chains.

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
My official retirement is today.
Although 3 years ago the wife and I decided the circus was no longer compatible with living.

Yep, yesterday was chainsaw and Kubota grapple work day. Two black walnut stands grew up and survived amongst the cedars, hickory, oaks, etc. I am ensuring those black walnuts will now thrive. Working outdoors is great workplace therapy. No Safety Office to regulate how I clear trees; no schedule to meet any goals but mine. I do miss having an entry level technician to sharpen my chains.
Congratulations and Happy New Year!

Retiredsailor

Equipment
LX4020
Dec 30, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
My retirement physical leaving active duty found a number of problems that ended up retiring me in my early 40s. Too many surgeries and hospital stays meant settling down way sooner than I ever wanted to. Having grown up on a farm I always knew I wanted to return to the country. 23 years ago I was fortunate enough to find 100 acres at a good price and have lived here ever since. It's more of a hobby project, it keeps me busy.

Reactions: 5 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Congrats NCL, today was my first official day in retirement and I spent about 6 hrs of it on the Kubota clearing some old fence lines from the old farm. My new boss has a lot of small project lined up for me so no fear of running out of work anytime soon. :cool:

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
After I retired my biggest concern for the day is whats for supper

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have been retired for over 29 years and still have not figured it out. I suppose that makes me a Retirement Dropout. :rolleyes:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
what's retirement?

Just seems like more work that you don't get paid for...except for your pension, if you have one, and social security, and maybe your IRA minimum distribution.

OK...I will still take it~

Can't believe I make this much to do what I want to do, being my own boss more or less...I am married...LOL