Repowered by Agri Fab Mow N Vac

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
About 5-6 years ago I purchased an Agri Fab Mow N Vac, It is an older one where the shaft of the motor and impeller vane faces to the front not to the side like the new ones do, Well it has an old 5HP Briggs & Stratton Motor on it and I knew I would eventually have to replace the motor as it has been leaking oil really bad, Last spring I purchased one of Harbor Freights 212 CC Predator motors, they are OHV and are basically a clone of the Honda 6.5Hp motor, My research shows that these motors are dependable and very economical, I paid $109.00 + NJ tax, I know it's Chinese but a new 6.5HP motor for that price, I had to have it, Well I spent the better part of the last 2 days trying to get the impeller van off the old Briggs 5HP, I purchased the crazy tool that screws into the vane and is supposed to push it off but the threads on it stripped, I had used heat and penetrating oil and they still stripped, So back to square 1, blocks of wood, a straight pry bar and a 5lb lump hammer, eventually it came off, I knew when I bought it that it had a 3/4" shaft and the old Briggs had a 1" shaft so I purchased the shaft adapter which I had to shorten because it was a little too long, Well...to make a long story short I have that new 6.5HP OHV on and it purrs like a kitten, The OHV motor has a higher RPM range produces more suction.
Photos...Yes Even a pic of the old tired B&S 5hp I replaced which I will now rebuild:)

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

69 SS

Equipment
2015 L3901 HST,with Canopy,LA 525 FEL with SSQA bucket
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Good job, can't make up my mind between Agri Fab or DR Power for my mow n vac. Glad you were able to fix yours as new ones pricey. Good luck on all your projects.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Pricey is right, We paid $400.00 for this one used 5-6 years ago, WE knew it was an older model but the trailer enclosure was in excellent condition so we figured it would last our remaining life span, Many parts are no longer available new and must be custom made , The impeller vane, vane housing and discharge tube are obsolete, If they ever go It would be cheaper to buy a whole new unit than try to convert to the current style available.

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
About 5-6 years ago I purchased an Agri Fab Mow N Vac, It is an older one where the shaft of the motor and impeller vane faces to the front not to the side like the new ones do, Well it has an old 5HP Briggs & Stratton Motor on it and I knew I would eventually have to replace the motor as it has been leaking oil really bad, Last spring I purchased one of Harbor Freights 212 CC Predator motors, they are OHV and are basically a clone of the Honda 6.5Hp motor, My research shows that these motors are dependable and very economical, I paid $109.00 + NJ tax, I know it's Chinese but a new 6.5HP motor for that price, I had to have it, Well I spent the better part of the last 2 days trying to get the impeller van off the old Briggs 5HP, I purchased the crazy tool that screws into the vane and is supposed to push it off but the threads on it stripped, I had used heat and penetrating oil and they still stripped, So back to square 1, blocks of wood, a straight pry bar and a 5lb lump hammer, eventually it came off, I knew when I bought it that it had a 3/4" shaft and the old Briggs had a 1" shaft so I purchased the shaft adapter which I had to shorten because it was a little too long, Well...to make a long story short I have that new 6.5HP OHV on and it purrs like a kitten, The OHV motor has a higher RPM range produces more suction.
Photos...Yes Even a pic of the old tired B&S 5hp I replaced which I will now rebuild:)
I live in the mountains of Western, Maine, and a lot of people here buy the Predator generators from HF,
and I was very surprise at how well they worked. Easy start and run great. I however spent a lot
more for the Honda, but if I were doing it again, I would get the Predator motor. Friends say their Predator will sit around all year, without being started, and will start on the first pull. Impressive. I hate China products but these motors are good.
]

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
very nice repower !
That 'predator' engine looks same as the 'power fist' or 'pro point' ones Princess Auto sell here in Canada. I've had 100% success with them even replacing Honda 9HP units on motar mixers.

Reactions: 1 user

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Repowered my DR vac with the harbor freight 3 years ago. Very happy with it. Bought the DR used and made a larger box on it, 3.5’ x4’x4’. We live in the woods. When you tell people it’s leaf season, you get a funny look.

• Haha

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Repowered my DR vac with the harbor freight 3 years ago. Very happy with it. Bought the DR used and made a larger box on it, 3.5’ x4’x4’. We live in the woods. When you tell people it’s leaf season, you get a funny look.
Yeah, leaves are a big problem every year for me. I have about 5 thousand into just leaf pickup.

Bond007

Equipment
Agri Fab leave vac
Nov 21, 2023
Lancaster

Bond007

Equipment
Agri Fab leave vac
Nov 21, 2023
Lancaster
How did you get the tapered impeller to fit on the straight Harbor Frieght motor shaft? Anyone else run into this problem?