Replacing Loader Hydraulic Hoses

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Hi all,

So on of the hoses on my LA211 FEL decided it was dead. I have ordered a replacement and it looks like I should be able to unthread the old hose and thread the new one on.

I inspected the rest of the hoses and they look okay, but I may replace then as preventative maintenance. Last thing I want to have happen is for a hose to blow out in the middle of a project.

Is there anything I should look out for? Should I use any kind of thread sealant, or are they made to seal without it? If I should use sealant what kind is recommended?

It is one of the bottom hoses on the pic (I am gonna replace both). For some reason they are pressed up against the small vertical bar and that is where they finally wore through. Makes me wonder if they were replaced previously and the person didn't take the time to route them without contact.
BiggerHosePic.JPG

HoseOnBar.JPG

HoseOnBar2.JPG

Thanks

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Protect them with sleeves or heavy split loom for wires.

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi all,

So on of the hoses on my LA211 FEL decided it was dead. I have ordered a replacement and it looks like I should be able to unthread the old hose and thread the new one on.

I inspected the rest of the hoses and they look okay, but I may replace then as preventative maintenance. Last thing I want to have happen is for a hose to blow out in the middle of a project.

Is there anything I should look out for? Should I use any kind of thread sealant, or are they made to seal without it? If I should use sealant what kind is recommended?

It is one of the bottom hoses on the pic (I am gonna replace both). For some reason they are pressed up against the small vertical bar and that is where they finally wore through. Makes me wonder if they were replaced previously and the person didn't take the time to route them without contact.
View attachment 87941
View attachment 87942
View attachment 87945

Thanks
Your hoses appear to have female swivel ends. If so no sealant.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Thanks. It had a sleeve on it, but I cut it off to see where it was leaking. I ordered a new sleeve along with the hoses.
I used the sleeves off my old welding jacket when I installed new hoses for the rear remotes I installed.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Hi all,

View attachment 87941
View attachment 87942
View attachment 87945

Thanks
I had to replace my years ago...In our area I had one made, as I waited. It was all in one day, back in working order. Lot cheaper than the dealer hoses. On our other tractor (backhoe) hose plus the swing cylinder needed replacing. Off to the Kubota dealer for that!

Last edited:

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I had to replace my years ago...In our area I had one made, as I waited. It was all in one day, back in working order. Lot cheaper than the dealer hoses. On our other tractor (backhoe) hose plus the swing cylinder needed replacing. Off to the Kubota dealer for that!
It was about $25 at my local dealer to order the hose and $5 for the protective sleeve. They are ordering it in with their normal freight, so no shipping fee but it will take about a week. If I needed it sooner they could have special ordered it and got it in a couple of days, but then I would have to pay shipping.

There is a place semi-local that they said I could go to and get a hose made in a day and it would probably be slightly cheaper, but it is about a 45 minute drive from my house to get there.

I pass the Kubota dealer on my way home from work and I don't have any loader projects going right now, so the convenience of just stopping on the way home won out.

I am thinking that I am going to go through all the hoses and replace any that look questionable. When I do this I will probably go to the place and have them all made.

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Just to close the loop.

Got the hoses yesterday from the dealer and was able to replace them them today. The original part number had been replaced by a newer one. Hoses were the same for the most part. Only 2 differences I noticed was the wrench sizes for the ends were not the same and the new hoses were marked as rated for 6000psi vs the 3000psi on the old ones.

Of course these 2 hoses were the middle connection on the loader valve, so I had to remove it to be able to get a wrench on them. Past that it wasn't that difficult of a job. I was able to rout them and make sure they were not contacting any metal/edges. No leaks that I can see.

I will probably start going through and replacing the old hoses a couple at a time as preventative maintenance due to the age of the tractor.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
You can buy sleeve by the foot on ebay / slip it over the new hoses then conect them