Replacing Glow Plugs in B6000

djmc35

Equipment
4 Kubota B6000's, Cub Low Boy, Sears tractor w/FEL
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
HI,
Any one ever changed Glow Plugs in Kubota B6000? I looked at engine and it looks like I need to remove or loosen part of fuel system before I can get glow plugs out? Am I missing something or is this the correct procedure? Thanks for any help you can offer! djmc35:)

mdb6000

Equipment
b6000
Oct 11, 2010
monroe, ct
hope its not too late, I (my buddy who is better at this stuff than I) did them with needle nose pliers, its a cluster you know what in there, but he did it, took about 15-20min.

djmc35

Equipment
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
Thanks I'll definitely give that a try! I just now found an inside place to work on it. It needs the Glow Plugs replaced and a new clutch. No your were not too late just in time I'd say. I'll let you Know how it goes. djmc35

oldestof11

Equipment
B7100
May 5, 2013
Dixon
If it's like what's in the B7100:

Open Hood
Remove airfilter assembly
Remove injection lines
Remove intake manifold
Remove glowplug wires/connecting metal
Replace glowplugs
Put together in reverse steps
Leave the injection lines cracked at the injectors to bleed the lines out
Bleed lines
Tighten up the lines
Start tractor

Start to finish on my father in-laws tractor with the loader still attached took about 30 minutes. I also like to sit there and analyze it thinking through the steps needed.

djmc35

Equipment
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
DSCN3699.jpg I ended up doing this: Open Bonnet. Remove cotter pin from end of decompression rod and don't drop little washer. Remove the screw from the Joint that the fuel lines hook to on the injectors. Don't drop the copper washers. Now you can get those glow plugs out! YAY ! Thanks for all the suggestions. djmc35

Attachments

Last edited:

pcdreams

Equipment
b6000
May 11, 2017
Springfield, MO
View attachment 12420 I ended up doing this: Open Bonnet. Remove cotter pin from end of decompression rod and don't drop little washer. Remove the screw from the Joint that the fuel lines hook to on the injectors. Don't drop the copper washers. Now you can get those glow plugs out! YAY ! Thanks for all the suggestions. djmc35
Glad I found this post. Getting ready to replace the plugs on mine.

Anyone know if the double joint for the fuel line is used on any other model? The one on mine is broke and Kubota says it's been discontinued part # 15103-42570

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I don't know, but if you just use a single fitting and a bit longer hose and buy a barbed tee or Y fitting you'll be good to go, just return to tank fuel from the injectors.