Replacement part review...

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Just bought an old impco 12 blade 18" 12 blade disc, off CL. It need a set of new notched blades, on the front, and had a busted spool bearing, on one of the gangs. Wasn't sure how the other bearings were, so I ordered 4 bearings, and 8 blades, from Agrisupply, about $90+ shipping, got here in about 5 days (like they said). Spool bearings were really a rough casting, but they fit the shells I had. I only replaced the broken one, cause I am cheap, and believe in replacing what's broke, when it breaks...

Anyway, I sprayed some lithium grease on the rough, replaced spool, and stuck it all back together, tightened up the gangs, then tightened up the bearing I had cleaned and replaced. It almost wouldn't turn, so I backed off the clam half bolts, a quarter turn or so, so it would turn. Plan on tightening up that bearing, as it wears in...

Anyway, greased it all up, and hooked up to the MF205, and tried it out on the waterway I had plowed up, last week. Went 8 feet and almost buried it, but all the gangs was turnin...

I'd say that the ASC parts was as good as any, and cheaper than most...

If only that waterway would dry up, I'd be back in business...:D:D