Replaced tines,seals and bearing on Tiller

btackett

Jan 18, 2012
Knoxville,Tn
Finally done! I replaced all the tines, seals, bearings and a new chain so it should be good for another 30 years. Never found out what make this tiller is. The replacement tines are 3/4" longer than original and 1/8" thicker. I got them at tillerblades.com for $3 each! What a deal.

Just thought someone would like to see some pics. The entire tiller will get sand blasted and painted this summer when I have more time.

This is the replacement chain, the original has stretched about two inches of slack. This chain is same number of links and about half the slack in it.

New seals/bearings:

New tines:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Good deal on finding the tines cheap!! Your tiller looks a lot like my BEFCO. However from the stamped steel center section that goes up to the top link I think it is a Caroni.

btackett

Jan 18, 2012
Knoxville,Tn
It has been guessed at a Befco, Coroni, Maletti but really not for sure. All the seals,bearings and bolts on it are metric so I assume it was made in Italy with 95% of other tillers. Every part has been available with a little research for it luckily but not makers markings on it anywhere.

spo307

Equipment
L4400
Jun 2, 2011
Levittown,NY
very nice job, I have a befco 42, that just locked up, felt like the top gear box, stalled my tractor, so now i have to take it apart