Removing subframe for l2195 snowblower

Tkranz

Equipment
L4330, Ford 8n
Nov 13, 2020
East Aurora, ny
I have a new to me this winter l2195 and am ready to remove for the summer. Manual is terrible!

I would be very grateful if someone would post a step by step procedure for removal of blower and subframe. There are some helpful YouTube’s but none go from start to finish.

especially interested in which PTO shaft couplings get undone in what order. HELP

wsurff

Equipment
L6060, Backhoe, Front Snow Blower, Grapple, Chipper, Box Blade
Oct 8, 2021
NJ
Just did this, so I'll give it a go. Just an FYI, my blower has the newer four-point hitch rather than the old male/female spade type connection between the subframe and the blower.
First step, remove the hoses from the hose guides. Leave all the hydraulics connected. Raise the blower up, and disconnect and remove the front PTO shaft (I need to raise the blower on my setup in order to get enough room to remove the front PTO shaft). Once that's done, you can lower the blower back down and disconnected from the hitch/subframe from the blower. Disconnect the blower hydraulics only and back the tractor away from the blower. At this point, you can take out the two side pins from the sub frame and put the kickstand down. You can, at this point, disconnect the mid-PTO shaft. Then, by raising the hitch off the ground you should be able to remove the drawbar which holds the rear portion of the subframe to the tractor. Once that's done, lower the hitch onto the ground again and raise the front wheels off the ground utilizing the hitch hydraulics. At that point you should be able to remove the two large pins at the front of the subframe which connect it to the tractor. Then lower the front wheels back down, check the underside of the tractor to be sure the tractor is clear of the subframe(adjust the position of the front of the subframe with the hydraulics, if not), disconnect the hydraulics, and back the tractor out. Reinstall your midPTO cover.
I think that's it.

Reactions: 1 user

Tkranz

Equipment
L4330, Ford 8n
Nov 13, 2020
East Aurora, ny
Just did this, so I'll give it a go. Just an FYI, my blower has the newer four-point hitch rather than the old male/female spade type connection between the subframe and the blower.
First step, remove the hoses from the hose guides. Leave all the hydraulics connected. Raise the blower up, and disconnect and remove the front PTO shaft (I need to raise the blower on my setup in order to get enough room to remove the front PTO shaft). Once that's done, you can lower the blower back down and disconnected from the hitch/subframe from the blower. Disconnect the blower hydraulics only and back the tractor away from the blower. At this point, you can take out the two side pins from the sub frame and put the kickstand down. You can, at this point, disconnect the mid-PTO shaft. Then, by raising the hitch off the ground you should be able to remove the drawbar which holds the rear portion of the subframe to the tractor. Once that's done, lower the hitch onto the ground again and raise the front wheels off the ground utilizing the hitch hydraulics. At that point you should be able to remove the two large pins at the front of the subframe which connect it to the tractor. Then lower the front wheels back down, check the underside of the tractor to be sure the tractor is clear of the subframe(adjust the position of the front of the subframe with the hydraulics, if not), disconnect the hydraulics, and back the tractor out. Reinstall your midPTO cover.
I think that's it.
Just what I was looking for. Thank you!!