removing oil pan on BX2660

bob4925

Jun 19, 2014
Chester
I am one of the lucky ones whose warrantee expired before a major design flaw finally broke a power steering hydro hose and put a hole in the oil pan. This should be a recall issue, as they used extra long hoses and looped the excess against the oil pan. Hose wears against pan, exposes steel mesh in hose, and files a hole in the pan.
Anyway, I have all the bolts out of the pan for removal, but an not sure if I can get to the aft (further back) bolts. Can't even see them yet. Too much sweat in my eyes for that...lol. I cannot believe that the customer would be stuck to pay for the parts and fix this themselves. Loved my Kubota, but now I am wondering where else they cut corners or performed shoddy assembly. Thanks for any help.:confused:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If this is, indeed, how it came out of the factory, I can't believe you would have a hard time with the problem and Kubota, especially if they are aware of it. If you write them a nice letter asking them to fix the poor design issue (and you are certain they created it) then after a couple of the letters they'll likely fix it or reimburse you for the repairs you needed to do. Where it gets tricky is when you do it yourself, they only tend to reimburse for parts... not your time or sweat.

If you check with your local dealer, they may act as a go-between and advocate the fix for you as it's a win for them (money coming in) and a win for you. Wouldn't hurt to check it out.

On the bolts problem, sometimes you need to lift the entire engine on a tractor to get to the pan bolts, much like some cars/trucks. I hope your tractor isn't that way but I have seen it before.