Removing L344 loader from BX1880

OrangeHiC

Equipment
BX1880, 54” Deck, LA344
Feb 27, 2021
Moore, Oklahoma
OK I remove and reattach the loader but... It seems very tedious. If I am not on a almost perfectly level surface, and the bucket isn't tilted just so, I have a hard time disengaging it.
Am I doing something wrong?

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Nope it's the nature of the beast. Always try to remove and install the loader in an area where both it and the tractor are on a level surface. It saves a lot of swearing and aggravation...

Reactions: 1 user

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Last spring when I went to attach loader had the same issue. Took almost 2 hours fighting with it. I read on here about using a ratchet strap to assist with installation. If on perfect level surface its a 5 minute job.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Last spring when I went to attach loader had the same issue. Took almost 2 hours fighting with it. I read on here about using a ratchet strap to assist with installation. If on perfect level surface its a 5 minute job.
DA40CBC9-B8BC-4AF6-BA5D-E04F86DDAE8C.jpeg
This is where I take mine off. 5 minutes off and on after first couple of times. I’m not sure how much I’d have to be paid to take it off on an unlevel or pseudo-level surface; it would have to be a LOT. Level surface is key.

OrangeHiC

Equipment
BX1880, 54” Deck, LA344
Feb 27, 2021
Moore, Oklahoma
Nope it's the nature of the beast. Always try to remove and install the loader in an area where both it and the tractor are on a level surface. It saves a lot of swearing and aggravation...
Thanks I was just curious, I want to put it on a pallet but cant seem to do that. I suppose I could make ramps for the tractor to get it to the same level

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
In a pinch you can put some thing down like a piece of wood and shim it level; works but it's not fun.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It is nice that the level spot I have is concrete in a building but all you really need is a level (or more accurately, flat) area the length and width of the tractor + loader.

Serious question with no sarcasm, etc. intended.... You obviously have a tractor and loader. Can’t you make a flat spot pretty quickly? Even if you’re at a job site seems like the time spent making a flat spot (if you have a box scrape, about 5 minutes, maybe a bit longer with loader only depending on how good you are with the loader) would be less than the time to wrestle with a 1000lb loader that won’t line up.

Reactions: 1 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Making your own flat area is a great idea if you don't have one otherwise. Just put something underneath the stands to prevent them from sinking into the ground.

OrangeHiC

Equipment
BX1880, 54” Deck, LA344
Feb 27, 2021
Moore, Oklahoma
It is nice that the level spot I have is concrete in a building but all you really need is a level (or more accurately, flat) area the length and width of the tractor + loader.

Serious question with no sarcasm, etc. intended.... You obviously have a tractor and loader. Can’t you make a flat spot pretty quickly? Even if you’re at a job site seems like the time spent making a flat spot (if you have a box scrape, about 5 minutes, maybe a bit longer with loader only depending on how good you are with the loader) would be less than the time to wrestle with a 1000lb loader that won’t line up.
None taken thanks, I have concrete to unload it on but I would like to unload it on a small pad I have thats about 4" tall.
The whole tractor won't fit on the area. I plan on making ramps to level the whole tractor so I can utilize this pad. I was able to unload my older BX1500 loader on that spot. I was just curious if I was doing something wrong :)

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
None taken thanks, I have concrete to unload it on but I would like to unload it on a small pad I have thats about 4" tall.
The whole tractor won't fit on the area. I plan on making ramps to level the whole tractor so I can utilize this pad. I was able to unload my older BX1500 loader on that spot. I was just curious if I was doing something wrong :)
If it worked on your old machine it should work on your new one also. Sometimes it is just more difficult the first few times as it's a very tight tolerance with the fresh paint. I would give it a few more tries and hopefully once it wears in a bit you should be good.

OrangeHiC

Equipment
BX1880, 54” Deck, LA344
Feb 27, 2021
Moore, Oklahoma
If it worked on your old machine it should work on your new one also. Sometimes it is just more difficult the first few times as it's a very tight tolerance with the fresh paint. I would give it a few more tries and hopefully once it wears in a bit you should be good.
I will try a few more times, The old BX had the 2 pins you pulled to release the loader. You could cheat a little more. LOL

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
If you can get along by just not having the bucket on the loader frame then a quick attach may be what you need. I almost never take my loader frame off but I remove the bucket after every job. With the quick attach it only takes less than a minute to remove or attach the bucket. I store my bucket on a pallet when not in use.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have found greasing the cups the bottom part fits in and keeping them clean of debris as well as greasing the pins also helps. When I got mine from the dealer the pins and cups were bone dry. I take mine off for some mowing so there’s often grass type debris stuck in the empty greased cups when I’m done. I do take the time to clean the debris out and refresh the grease before reinstalling the loader. May not be necessary but seems to slide off and on easier with some grease involved.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I had issues with mine when I bought it since the loader was not leveled when it came down on the ground. I had to use a 2x4 under the left side to be able to install the loader. Afterwards, I found a better spot on the driveway (not inclined) and getting the tractor crooked into the frame with the right side further in, I could get the loader on with no 2x4.
Now, the loader is almost leveled with the new larger tires. One of the old rear tire was about a 1/2 inch smaller in diameter.