Removing/Capping a hydraulic fitting (B2650)

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
B2650, BH77, SG0660 grapple, pallet forks, Bobcat 60" box blade
Oct 5, 2021
Turns out I have to replace the female hydraulic connector that is behind all the other connectors.
PXL_20221216_183942562.jpg

While I'm doing this, I think I would like to move or remove the extra large fitting on the top. It came with the tractor (used) and goes to a Laneshark implement that I don't have, nor plan to get anytime soon. In the meantime, that extra large fitting makes it really difficult to get a good grip on the female connector behind it when taking my grapple on and off. So I'm looking for options to get it out of the way. I could maybe swap places with it and the female connector behind it, but that would still leave it in the way of a good grip just because the fittings are all so close. Can I take that LaneShark connector off completely and just put a cap on it, and leave it in the frame mount so that it stays out of the way? That would definitely free up some room.

Thanks for suggestions and help.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
If your not using it. Why not follow the hose to where it comes off a junction block or "T" fitting and cap it there? Since it's a dead end line you can cap it all the way back at the point it comes out of without harm as the oil in it goes nowhere....

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
Oct 5, 2021
If your not using it. Why not follow the hose to where it comes off a junction block or "T" fitting and cap it there? Since it's a dead end line you can cap it all the way back at the point it comes out of without harm as the oil in it goes nowhere....
I haven't yet followed it all the way back to where it connects, to see how easy that is to access. I'll have to see how hard it is to completely remove the hose. I kind of want to keep it intact as a feature, for the EVENTUAL day when I sell this to upgrade to something bigger. There's also a Landshark control box still wired in to the system. So the implement itself I think really is the only thing missing from it working.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
The easiest thing to do would be to remove it from the bracket and tuck it up securely. No fitting required and easy to put back in place. Or as you said remove and cap.

Reactions: 1 user

BetterThanAShovel

Equipment
Oct 5, 2021
The easiest thing to do would be to remove it from the bracket and tuck it up securely. No fitting required and easy to put back in place. Or as you said remove and cap.
Ya, that's what I was initially thinking too. I can probably ziptie it out of the way. I'm having trouble finding the kind of cap I'd need to cover it anyway. I followed the hose as far as I could and found I'd have to remove the right rear tire to do anything with it there.