RoperAndy

Equipment
L3800HST, 5' Landpride cutter, 5' box blade, 6' landscape rake, Bush Hog PHD
Apr 2, 2013
Texas

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
While it will work, you would have better control with a valve that is rated closer to what your tractor GPM is. Your tractor has a 6.3 GPM implement pump. Better to use a valve rated at a lower GPM.

Keep in mind that it is more common for the economical valves to leak internally. What this means is that your cylinder will slowly move on it's own. :eek:

Do some research before you buy, and don't buy on price alone, you may end up with a faulty system and that is no fun to put all the time, money and effort into a system and have it not work properly. :(

Good luck with your project. ;)

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
"Keep in mind that it is more common for the economical valves to leak internally. What this means is that your cylinder will slowly move on it's own."

myself and another member both used prince loader valves for our rear remotes and both will not hold our tilt cyls from drifting.I'm eventually going to add a lock valve onto my fitrite tilt cyl.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I vote for a nice stack valve setup, rated closer to your machines specs as Brian stated, and configured the way you want. It will be more compact and need less adapters as well some the ports wont be as big.

I've read good things about the Bucher valves Brian sells as well, be sure to get a quote from him.

Edit: I also didn't see any mention of Power Beyond capabilities of the valve you linked.

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
"Keep in mind that it is more common for the economical valves to leak internally. What this means is that your cylinder will slowly move on it's own."

myself and another member both used prince loader valves for our rear remotes and both will not hold our tilt cyls from drifting.I'm eventually going to add a lock valve onto my fitrite tilt cyl.
Have you tried to rebuild the prince valve? Way back when, I too used Prince valves, all 4 leaked straight out of the boxes. :mad: Rebuilt them (new O-rings) fixed the problem for a short time. After doing that a couple of times I went to lip seals, no more problems. Might try that before going to the check valve. Only a few dollars including shipping costs from McMaster Carr. I had it down to about an hour (actually less) to pull the valve off of the tractor, change the seals and reinstall.

It's no fun fighting the hydraulics, especially when you shouldn't need to.

Good luck. ;)

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Have you tried to rebuild the prince valve? Way back when, I too used Prince valves, all 4 leaked straight out of the boxes. :mad: Rebuilt them (new O-rings) fixed the problem for a short time. After doing that a couple of times I went to lip seals, no more problems. Might try that before going to the check valve. Only a few dollars including shipping costs from McMaster Carr. I had it down to about an hour (actually less) to pull the valve off of the tractor, change the seals and reinstall.

It's no fun fighting the hydraulics, especially when you shouldn't need to.

Good luck. ;)
Thanks Brian the other member (burtonbr) was closer to ripping his apart than i was so i was waiting to see if it worked on his. Now that you have mentioned the fix I may try that this spring. Lip seals are a exact replacement for a o'ring ?

I rechecked my valve and its a "brand" not a "prince" either way its still a pos

Last edited:

RoperAndy

Equipment
L3800HST, 5' Landpride cutter, 5' box blade, 6' landscape rake, Bush Hog PHD
Apr 2, 2013
Texas
While it will work, you would have better control with a valve that is rated closer to what your tractor GPM is. Your tractor has a 6.3 GPM implement pump. Better to use a valve rated at a lower GPM.

Keep in mind that it is more common for the economical valves to leak internally. What this means is that your cylinder will slowly move on it's own. :eek:

Do some research before you buy, and don't buy on price alone, you may end up with a faulty system and that is no fun to put all the time, money and effort into a system and have it not work properly. :(

Good luck with your project. ;)
Thanks for your input! I've also looked at the Prince and Brand valves, and didn't realize they were also economy brands. I thought that Husco made the valves for Kubota, and thought they would be better built. Guess I better do some more research! I did want a monoblock, thinking it would be less likely to have external leak issues. Internal leaks are no good either!

Last edited:

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Hmmm never saw those types of seals, just looked them up, thanks. that may be a good solution. Have to work up some courage to tear into a valve myself though, don't have much experience with them.