Reinstall loader when not level with tractor

Danl1957

Equipment
Bx2380, fel, rear blade, mower, winch, JD 318, HD road king, sportster, boats
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
Hello to all,
I am the new owner of a bx2380 and recently removed the quick attach la344 loader, when attempting to reinstall the loader, I find it is not level with the tractor and the mount hooks will not close locking the loader to the frame.
Can anyone offer suggestion for this situation?
Thanks in advance
Dan

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I made the same mistake the first time I took mine off this spring. I just had to man handle it a bit and use some leverage with a breaker bar to line them up properly. Since then It's always taken off in the garage.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Normally shim under bucket is for valve adjustments 😉, but maybe this would be an exception…or shim tires on tractor until you get the machine and loader aligned…be some trial and error.

Danl1957

Equipment
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
I made the same mistake the first time I took mine off this spring. I just had to man handle it a bit and use some leverage with a breaker bar to line them up properly. Since then It's always taken off in the garage.
Great, thanks, I will try that. I assume you used the breaker bar to move the loader?

Last edited:

Danl1957

Equipment
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
Normally shim under bucket is for valve adjustments 😉, but maybe this would be an exception…or shim tires on tractor until you get the machine and loader aligned…be some trial and error.
Thanks, will try that after work

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Unfortunately I grew up without cell phones and without the internet. My dad would just tell me "if you created the problem yourself you can fix it yourself".

I wonder if I was growing up these days would he have said "go watch youtube videos and ask anonymous strangers on user groups how to resolve your predicament".

Reactions: 1 user

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I'm not sure on your model but on my GL I found that sometimes I pushed the cylinders forward and I just couldn't get things lined up to get the FEL back on. Once I realized that I needed the loader frames at an angle, everything dropped in. To do this hook up the hydraulics and use the joystick to extend the cylinders, thereby allowing the bucket pivot to rock it into place.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to spend a day taking it on and off to practice, but haven't done that yet. I sure like being able to maneuver without it on.

Good luck.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Once I get close enough to the bucket to be able to hook up all 4 connectors, after relieving all the pressure in the control unit by moving the joystick to all possible positions, I hook up the 4 connectors, and then use the hydraulics to move the bucket around to help jockey it into the correct position, to be able to install the 2 pins to lock it in place. Once you go thru the pain of having to struggle to get it back on the tractor the first time, you soon realize that the next time you take it off, make sure it is on a nice flat, stable surface.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Neil to the rescue! Again! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

Danl1957

Equipment
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
Unfortunately I grew up without cell phones and without the internet. My dad would just tell me "if you created the problem yourself you can fix it yourself".

I wonder if I was growing up these days would he have said "go watch youtube videos and ask anonymous strangers on user groups how to resolve your predicament".
Thanks, I agree with your dad, but YouTube videos are so helpful,