Regen problems

Jaymann60449

Equipment
B3350
May 10, 2023
Usa
Hey all,
Has anyone on here gotten the aftermarket the dpf delete kits. Having regen issues again. I have a b3350 and it’s regen way to often and now not coming out of park regen. I have had the entire dpf system replace by the factory a year ago. It’s back to the same problem again. But my 5 year warranty is over.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think I remember seeing that model tractor has a very extended warranty for the problems with the DPF system.

Check in with your dealer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The emissions warranty should be based on HOURS of use NOT time, but then 'they' wouldn't make as much money.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Here is a thread about the warranty

As far as delete kit

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hey all,
Has anyone on here gotten the aftermarket the dpf delete kits. Having regen issues again. I have a b3350 and it’s regen way to often and now not coming out of park regen. I have had the entire dpf system replace by the factory a year ago. It’s back to the same problem again. But my 5 year warranty is over.
Kubota has quietly implemented a "lifetime" (and transfererable) warranty for the reformer as used on the B3350 and some models of ZTRs and F series mowers.

This warranty covers the reformer (source of most problems) and other components damaged by a failed reformer, e.g., DPF, etc.

If your dealer pushes back instruct him to reference PSB-2021-050-E, Mar 31, 2021. If he still pushes back, contact Kubota Customer Satisfaction using the contact information in your warranty booklet.

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Here is a thread about the warranty

As far as delete kit

Now if that isn’t an EPA flex.

It’s no wonder Kubota is addressing the problem with the B3350 emissions, since the failed system very likely caused the tractor emit more emissions than permissible and they are aware of it. They might get their very own 7 figure fine and text box in an EPA flexy flier if they don’t self report and correct the problems. Unless the tractor’s sole new use is for off road competitions, and the EPA looks the other way just because they’re nice guys.

I’m glad my old L3830 was before the regen era. And of course Kubota has a bunch of tractors in the 26 Hp and less range since that’s where the regulations on emissions kick in such that regen, DEF and other fun emission producing (I mean theoretically reducing) systems are required.

Jaymann60449

Equipment
B3350
May 10, 2023
Usa

It’s no wonder Kubota is addressing the problem with the B3350 emissions, since the failed system very likely caused the tractor emit more emissions than permissible and they are aware of it. They might get their very own 7 figure fine and text box in an EPA flexy flier if they don’t self report and correct the problems. Unless the tractor’s sole new use is for off road competitions, and the EPA looks the other way just because they’re nice guys.

I’m glad my old L3830 was before the regen era. And of course Kubota has a bunch of tractors in the 26 Hp and less range since that’s where the regulations on emissions kick in such that regen, DEF and other fun emission producing (I mean theoretically reducing) systems are required.

Hey all,
Update Thank you for all the responses. I just talked to my dealer and they said anything to do with the regen system is under warranty for life. Thank the lord on that one.

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Update Thank you for all the responses. I just talked to my dealer and they said anything to do with the regen system is under warranty for life. Thank the lord on that one.
The referenced service bulletin does not state that "anything to do with the regen system" is warranted for life but, rather, only the reformer and anything damaged by a failed reformer.

Still, the new policy was enough for me to decide to keep my B3350, which I had previously decided to replace.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
A good (?) lawyer might have an excellent chance at a class-action if Kubota doesn’t offer ”enhanced value” for 3350 trade-ins….

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
A good (?) lawyer might have an excellent chance at a class-action if Kubota doesn’t offer ”enhanced value” for 3350 trade-ins….
Not a chance.

Simply not enough owners to interest any member of the plaintiff's bar in a class action.