regen issues

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There is s thriving stolen catalytic converter industry but in the 50 years I have lived here I dont know a single person that has had a CAT stolen. I do however know people that had complete Hondas, Hyundais, Nissans and Toyotas stolen. Hondas seem to be the most popular....

Dan
There is s thriving stolen catalytic converter industry but in the 50 years I have lived here I dont know a single person that has had a CAT stolen. I do however know people that had complete Hondas, Hyundais, Nissans and Toyotas stolen. Hondas seem to be the most popular....

Dan
Perhaps there is somewhat of an anomaly in MD.
Tens of thousands of catalytic converters are stolen nationwide yearly.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You are apparently very fortunate in MD.
Tens of housands of catalyatic converters are stolen nationwide yearly.
I am indeed. The number of stolen CATS is about 150K yearly. 1000 sets of wheels are stolen every day. Last year (2022) there were also over a million cars stolen. None of them were mine.

Dan

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
On the Prius it is because their is more of palladium and palatium within the catalytic convertor to help it achieve Ultra-low vehicle emission standards for the Republic of California.
Makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think you need to run it at higher RPM and never let it idle or run at low rpms. Most of the issues with DPFs seems to have happened in colder climates and one can assume lower operating temperatures because of low temps.

If you don’t really need 39, you might consider trading for a model that doesn’t have a DPF. That’s either an older model or tractor with less than 26 hp.

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Hello from Canada. WE have a 3 year old L3901 used around the farm and have been plagued by regen issues. In the summer of 2022 at 95 hours it threw an error code P3024 and went into limp mode. Sent it to the dealer and they cleaned the regen filter and put in "some new parts" then ran it for 3 hours and no issues. Brought it home to basically mow and it had 14 regens from 102 engine hours to 118 hours then threw code P3024 again (2 weeks ago) Back to the dealer and "did a deep clean and cleared the software" ran it 3 hours and there were no issues. Brought it home and regen 3 times at 122.3, 122.8 and 123.1 engine hours and threw P3024 code. They are picking it up today to look.

I am at witts end, if it wasn't under warranty I'd be broke. Any recommendations, advise or suggestions are welcomed.
I think even if you just let it idle the whole time it should not regen that much.

Reactions: 1 users

camelot

Equipment
L3901
Jul 11, 2023
canada
Update.
The good news is that we have finally figured out the issue. It turns out there was a recall on the first L3901's that had a faulty pre-filter, Kubota replaced the pre filter at no cost and I'm happy to say that after 30 hours it has not run a regen since.

Reactions: 4 users

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
Zero percent of the ones I am talking about. How many thousand units of machines with DPF has Kubota sold?

This reminds me of the conversations back when catalytic converters first appeared on cars. How many of the people who vowed they would never own a car with a CAT made good on that. Today its a fact of life and nobody even thinks about it.

Dan
Slowly raising hand...

For the ONE car I ever owned that had a cat (1985 Chevy Cavalier), at one point, I had to take the tailpipe off, and break up the catalyst using a bar so that it could be removed. The catalyst had come loose and was rolling around inside to frequently plug the cat outlet!

-Paul

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Update.
The good news is that we have finally figured out the issue. It turns out there was a recall on the first L3901's that had a faulty pre-filter, Kubota replaced the pre filter at no cost and I'm happy to say that after 30 hours it has not run a regen since.
What is the serial number of your tractor?

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
Wow sorry to hear the troubles I agree bad lot of parts or sensors. My main reason for going with the B2601 was no extra emissions crap. I wanted more HP but settled for smaller.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Thieves, are not "over it"
Thieves absolutely LOVE catalytic converters!
In MD, you could find your magical platinum infused catalytic converter missing any day.
17 years ago I beat those rotten bastards to the punch.

I cut my trucks CC off 3 days after I got it home, and straight piped it....(Hahahahahha; Also a big🖕 to .Gov)

{when the "new exhaust" showed up, my wife commented that 50K was a lot of money for a new truck that already NEEDS an exhaust}

I think its considerably harder to do that now though.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Wow sorry to hear the troubles I agree bad lot of parts or sensors. My main reason for going with the B2601 was no extra emissions crap. I wanted more HP but settled for smaller.
Me too, Hence the L2501.

Reactions: 1 users

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Update.
Thank you for the update! I remember when I bought mine in 2014 the dealership told me about a recall that had been performed on it. I assume this was it. 370 hours on mine and so far no issues. 🤞

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
I am old enough to remember folks saying they would not buy anything with a CC. For the sake of that kind of talk I for one remember saying I would NEVER pay 20K for a car or truck. LOL, time flies...........

I am sort of grateful for two stray cats that hang around my barn and tractor shed, perhaps they keep mice out of the wiring on my L3301.

AS for stolen CCs there is a school district near me that had no less the eight school buses robbed of the CC in one night. Sad times we live.

Glad the OP got his tractor fixed, Kudos to him for telling us how it ended.
rr