regen issues

camelot

Equipment
L3901
Jul 11, 2023
canada
Hello from Canada. WE have a 3 year old L3901 used around the farm and have been plagued by regen issues. In the summer of 2022 at 95 hours it threw an error code P3024 and went into limp mode. Sent it to the dealer and they cleaned the regen filter and put in "some new parts" then ran it for 3 hours and no issues. Brought it home to basically mow and it had 14 regens from 102 engine hours to 118 hours then threw code P3024 again (2 weeks ago) Back to the dealer and "did a deep clean and cleared the software" ran it 3 hours and there were no issues. Brought it home and regen 3 times at 122.3, 122.8 and 123.1 engine hours and threw P3024 code. They are picking it up today to look.

I am at witts end, if it wasn't under warranty I'd be broke. Any recommendations, advise or suggestions are welcomed.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello from Canada. WE have a 3 year old L3901 used around the farm and have been plagued by regen issues. In the summer of 2022 at 95 hours it threw an error code P3024 and went into limp mode. Sent it to the dealer and they cleaned the regen filter and put in "some new parts" then ran it for 3 hours and no issues. Brought it home to basically mow and it had 14 regens from 102 engine hours to 118 hours then threw code P3024 again (2 weeks ago) Back to the dealer and "did a deep clean and cleared the software" ran it 3 hours and there were no issues. Brought it home and regen 3 times at 122.3, 122.8 and 123.1 engine hours and threw P3024 code. They are picking it up today to look.

I am at witts end, if it wasn't under warranty I'd be broke. Any recommendations, advise or suggestions are welcomed.
I am no expert on exhsust gas treatment but this sounds like a sensor probkem not a filter problem.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Wow, that is a lot of regens.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I feel for you!
This is exactly why I and many others, search hard for (and buy) low time pre emissions tractors.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Something is obviously wrong.

Be sure to resolve it before the emissions warranty expires.

At this point, I would file a complaint with Kubota Customer Satisfaction.

Hopefully, your dealer is transporting it back and forth to his shop without charge. Though I'm less than 5 miles from my dealer, my dealer will not haul for any reason (including delivery of a new tractor) without charging $135/hr from the time that the driver picks up the truck keys from the service managers office until he replaces them back on the hook.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I would wager more are having problems. Small percent of owners who go to websites to post.
Zero percent of the ones I am talking about. How many thousand units of machines with DPF has Kubota sold?

This reminds me of the conversations back when catalytic converters first appeared on cars. How many of the people who vowed they would never own a car with a CAT made good on that. Today its a fact of life and nobody even thinks about it.

Dan

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Zero percent of the ones I am talking about. How many thousand units of machines with DPF has Kubota sold?

This reminds me of the conversations back when catalytic converters first appeared on cars. How many of the people who vowed they would never own a car with a CAT made good on that. Today its a fact of life and nobody even thinks about it.

Dan
No long term issues!
Logically then, all Kubota owners will be happy/satisfied with the new Kubota machines that they buy in 2043.
The DPF bugs will get worked out over time!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Something is obviously wrong.

Be sure to resolve it before the emissions warranty expires.

At this point, I would file a complaint with Kubota Customer Satisfaction.

Dan
People buy cars with catalytic converters because they have no choice.

Same with emissions tractors above HP threshold.

Almost no one would buy either if they had a choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hopef back and forth to his shop without charge

People buy cars with catalytic converters because they have no choice.

Same with tractors above HP threshold.

Almost no one would buy either if they had a choice.
At this point nobody buying a car cares. We are over it.

Dan

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
At this point nobody buying a car cares. We are over it.

Dan
Thieves, are not "over it"
Thieves absolutely LOVE catalytic converters!
In MD, you could find your magical platinum infused catalytic converter missing any day.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
In MD, you could find your magical platinum use catalytic converter missing any day.
There is s thriving stolen catalytic converter industry but in the 50 years I have lived here I dont know a single person that has had a CAT stolen. I do however know people that had complete Hondas, Hyundais, Nissans and Toyotas stolen. Hondas seem to be the most popular....

Dan

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
There is s thriving stolen catalytic converter industry but in the 50 years I have lived here I dont know a single person that has had a CAT stolen. I do however know people that had complete Hondas, Hyundais, Nissans and Toyotas stolen. Hondas seem to be the most popular....

Dan
I don't know of any stolen cats, most of the time they are just abandoned or left behind when people move. :ROFLMAO: 🤣🤣:ROFLMAO:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
In MD, you could find your magical platinum use catalytic converter missing any day.
Bingo.

Yet another news story about cat thefts yesterday on the nightly news. Story is that the thieves prefer hybrids, though I know not why.

Given the choice, I would pay for neither cats nor DPFs. Rather I would use the money for just about anything else.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Bingo.

Yet another news story about cat thefts yesterday on the nightly news. Story is that the thieves prefer hybrids, though I know not why.

Given the choice, I would pay for neither cats nor DPFs. Rather I would use the money for just about anything else.
On the Prius it is because their is more of palladium and palatium within the catalytic convertor to help it achieve Ultra-low vehicle emission standards for the Republic of California.