Regen cycles on lx3310

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hi guys. This prob has been posted several times but unsure on the lx3310. My average regen cycles are between 14-16 hrs apart. I realize there is so many factors that influence this. My question is do you think Kubota does more frequent regens to keep the soot down in the dpf? What I mean is for example if you know it’s gonna snow all day you shovel 3-4 times it’s not so much snow at once instead of all at once. My dealers said they do this to keep soot levels lower rather than wait till the dpf is plugged. Also increasing the life expectancy of the dpf canister. I would like to know if this is true or these tractors are just creating this much soot at these hours?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi guys. This prob has been posted several times but unsure on the lx3310. My average regen cycles are between 14-16 hrs apart. I realize there is so many factors that influence this. My question is do you think Kubota does more frequent regens to keep the soot down in the dpf? What I mean is for example if you know it’s gonna snow all day you shovel 3-4 times it’s not so much snow at once instead of all at once. My dealers said they do this to keep soot levels lower rather than wait till the dpf is plugged. Also increasing the life expectancy of the dpf canister. I would like to know if this is true or these tractors are just creating this much soot at these hours?
There is no way to answer your question definitively and dealers will tell you whatever they think will make you go away.

It's not the fault of Kubota.

Thank the federales for your issues.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Under 2000rpm I typically see a regen in that time frame. When I'm operating at high rpms mowing or tilling it can be 60-100 hours between regens.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I dont know the details of the LX3310 but in general a DPF cleans itself when operating at higher engine RPM and gas temperatures. This is called passive regen and is completely trsnsparent to the user. Passive regen decreases the accumulation of soot in the DPF and reduces the frequency of the active regens you are seeing.

In other words run it at higher RPM and see if that helps reduce the frequency of active regens.

Dan

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
I dont know the details of the LX3310 but in general a DPF cleans itself when operating at higher engine RPM and gas temperatures. This is called passive regen and is completely trsnsparent to the user. Passive regen decreases the accumulation of soot in the DPF and reduces the frequency of the active regens you are seeing.

In other words run it at higher RPM and see if that helps reduce the frequency of active regens.

Dan
Thanks Dan. Just seems regens are more frequent then the neighbour with same hp machine just green in color. He does loader work and same type of task as me and his regens are about 60hrs apart. I’ll keep track over the span of the tractor and average it out. But thank for the reply 👍

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
Under 2000rpm I typically see a regen in that time frame. When I'm operating at high rpms mowing or tilling it can be 60-100 hours between regens.
well that’s good to know when your actually working the tractor you can get at least 60-100 hours. I was worried at that 16hrs apart the dpf would need to be cleaned or replaced before the tractor is paid for 😂.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
well that’s good to know when your actually working the tractor you can get at least 60-100 hours. I was worried at that 16hrs apart the dpf would need to be cleaned or replaced before the tractor is paid for 😂.
I own M9960, L6060, and B3350 tractors with DPFs. All see mostly mowing duty.

I have NEVER seen ANY regen cycles remotely approaching 100 hours.

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
I own M9960, L6060, and B3350 tractors with DPFs. All see mostly mowing duty.

I have NEVER seen ANY regen cycles remotely approaching 100 hours.
Ya I know on my M6-111 I don’t even notice a regen because they are so far apart. That’s why I was wondering about the lx3310 at 16 hrs regen. It’s in heated shop I let it warm up to one bar and then start working it so no idle time or cold starts on it. Even tried different fuel supplier and diesel additives. But hopefully they increase between regens. I do know the temperature and tasks your doing does affect the tractor. I’m not worried as it hasn’t given me issues but just seems excessive to me.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I too have seen an average of 16 hours with the exception of the cycle I am currently in. I am approaching 25 hours since my last regen at 291 hours. The tractor was delivered in May of 21
and has been used for all kinds of “tractor stuff” with rpm between 1800-2350. No clue why I am approaching 25 hours since last regen, but it sure makes me curious.

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
I too have seen an average of 16 hours with the exception of the cycle I am currently in. I am approaching 25 hours since my last regen at 291 hours. The tractor was delivered in May of 21
and has been used for all kinds of “tractor stuff” with rpm between 1800-2350. No clue why I am approaching 25 hours since last regen, but it sure makes me curious.
These regens are strange things. Just makes you wonder what the life expectancy of the dpf filter is gonna be. I guess as long as the dreaded engine light doesn’t come on and derates the engine keep on tractoring 👍 I have 2100 basically trouble free hrs on my m6-111 but I know that uses DEF fluid so totally different animal

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
So I am way north of two thousand hours on my MX-6000 and I am the only operator that has runs this tractor. This tractor doesn't get used in the winter and gets a lot of hours on it spot spraying and cutting cedar's tree's out of CRP. I try to run it a 2000 RPM and above. If I do idle it around some it seems to lower the regen to 15-20 hours. Most of my regens are at 40-50 hours running time. So far no issues with the MX-6000

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3310
Jan 14, 2013
So I am way north of two thousand hours on my MX-6000 and I am the only operator that has runs this tractor. This tractor doesn't get used in the winter and gets a lot of hours on it spot spraying and cutting cedar's tree's out of CRP. I try to run it a 2000 RPM and above. If I do idle it around some it seems to lower the regen to 15-20 hours. Most of my regens are at 40-50 hours running time. So far no issues with the MX-6000
Thanks for the reply. I guess from reading and the replies on this forum it just varies on the task you’re doing with the tractor. Interesting to see this summer mowing and tilling how much it changes the intervals between active regens

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Interesting to see this summer mowing and tilling how much it changes the intervals between active regens
Multiple people have ecplained it. For any engine the interval varies with operating conditions.

Crank the engine RPM into the upper end of the tach and run it for hours not minutes at a time and frequency of regeneration will decrease. Summer operation causes the engine to run hotter and that will decrease frequency as well.

If you think your machine is regening too frequently run it at a higher RPM snd avoid short run times.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user