Record for shortest LX3310 Ownership.....

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
Geez, after lusting after my beautiful new LX3310 w/BH77 and taking delivery last month, it appears my plans to move to a larger property have changed. This is WAY too large for my current property and I may just cut my losses. I posted it in the Classified section to hopefully help someone move into this tractor w/o waiting months for one to be available at their dealer. Buckets have not even been in the dirt. :sick: Thank you.....

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
oh man. Sorry to hear that.

Did you speak with your dealer about it? Maybe they can work some magic for you.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Are you moving to another machine, or just getting out of the deal entirely? If you wanted a smaller machine, most dealers would look after you as a trade given it's basically brand new. But if you just want them to take it back, agree selling it privately is a better option. Sometimes they have the option to put it into their rental fleet (if they have one) or use it as a demo model or something else that basically makes it inexpensive for them to take it back. If you don't ask, you don't know, and there's no harm in asking.

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
Hi, I'll either be selling this outright or trading in on a smaller BX23S or perhaps B2601. The original selling dealer is 400 miles away, there's no way to unwind the original deal on a tractor I took delivery on in late August. Unfortunately it is what it is. I'll eventually fix this and move on. thanks

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Well, makes sense to right size then. B2601 is a great machine. An LX isn't dramatically bigger, and whilst it's too big, is it that much too big? For the money you have in it, are you better to just keep it - i.e. will trading down get you a lot of cash back, or will you end up basically with a B2601 for the same money?

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
Brand new user and a deal too good to be true. Just saying this smells a lot like those scams posted on CL.
I seldom post here but at 65, I've been following for years, I post a little more on Tractorbynet. What exactly are you talking about 'deal too good to be true"? You don't even know the price. Crawl back under your rock. .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
Well, makes sense to right size then. B2601 is a great machine. An LX isn't dramatically bigger, and whilst it's too big, is it that much too big? For the money you have in it, are you better to just keep it - i.e. will trading down get you a lot of cash back, or will you end up basically with a B2601 for the same money?
It's simply way too big for my 2 acre property. I have about .5 acres in house/lawn, and the remaining 1.5 is divided by a stream that I never take a tractor over. My previous BX25D was the perfect size here. Actually with its larger 19.5 tires, wheel Bro-Tek wheel spacers, etc. , it's approaching Standard L series in size and height. I will absolutely lose $ on the deal, but I really want the right-size tractor at this point and I'm not so worried about the $$. I thought I was moving to WVA and ~15 acres. appears that is off the table. thanks!

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Yea I'm always skeptical of such stories. It could be legit, but It just doesn't pass the smell test for me. Too many illogical pieces to the story. Could be 100% legit but I would want to verify the legitimacy. Ask for the dealer purchased from and call that dealer for example. The LX3310 has 4.2 inches added wheelbase, sits just 3.5 inches higher, is 4.7 inches wider, and weights just 286lbs more than the B2601 - They are so close, I just dont understand why you would take an economic loss, and go through all the hassle involved, just to step down that little bit in size. I also question why you invest so heavily in a nice new trator before even securing the said new property. Again could be 100% legit, but I have seen people be scammed on equipment forums. I could tell you some crazy stories of how this stuff happens. You have to be careful. If the seller is 100% legit he will understand and will go the extra mile to verify everything, including giving you information that would allow you to independently verify his claims.

EDIT: just want to be clear im not attacking the OP, I just have seen some folks really hurt with scams in the past so I try to be a voice of caution. If you are legit then you will have no trouble finding a buyer eventually and I hope it all works out.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Crawl back under your rock....
Going on the defensive like this is another red flag to me. You are trying to sell a tractor over the internet, and you get defensive for people raising an eyebrow at your story? You are going to need to be far more understanding of the times we live in. Scams are around every corner these days. If your first response is to lash out at people who simply suggest caution, then you deserve to be scrutinized even harder. We have no idea who you are, you are a brand new name on a forum with a story and immediately wanting to sell something for thousands of dollars. You've built no reputation or repour here with anyone. You fit the exact mold of what some scams look like - and you may be 100% legit, but if you are you really need to be more self aware.

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
Going on the defensive like this is another red flag to me. You are trying to sell a tractor over the internet, and you get defensive for people raising an eyebrow at your story? You are going to need to be far more understanding of the times we live in. Scams are around every corner these days. If your first response is to lash out at people who simply suggest caution, then you deserve to be scrutinized even harder. We have no idea who you are, you are a brand new name on a forum with a story and immediately wanting to sell something for thousands of dollars. You've built no reputation or repour here with anyone. You fit the exact mold of what some scams look like - and you may be 100% legit, but if you are you really need to be more self aware.
Really? I post a 'for sale' item and someone disrupts my thread and posts a disparaging comment that it's "too good to be true' where in reality they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, NONE. What exactly do the 'Kubota build price" and additional Dealer receipts, etc. total? What exactly am I asking for the tractor? If someone knows the details of the transaction and wants to comment, fire away, if they know absolutely nothing about the transaction, they shouldn't pollute my thread . He didn't suggest caution, he stated this was 'too good to be true", there's a significant distinction between the two.

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
The LX3310 has 4.2 inches added wheelbase, sits just 3.5 inches higher, is 4.7 inches wider, and weights just 286lbs more than the B2601 - They are so close, I just dont understand why you would take an economic loss, and go through all the hassle involved, just to step down that little bit in size. I also question why you invest so heavily in a nice new trator before even securing the said new property.

EDIT: just want to be clear im not attacking the OP, I just have seen some folks really hurt with scams in the past so I try to be a voice of caution. If you are legit then you will have no trouble finding a buyer eventually and I hope it all works out.
Thanks, My LX3310 sits on the optional, oversize SU/Standard L 19.5 tires and wheel spacers putting it closer to the Standard L series in size than a small B. I'm very fortunate in my life, this purchase was not a 'heavy investment' for me, it was writing a check. As I stated, I'm more concerned with having an appropriate size tractor at this point then a few $. Thank you

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Really? I post a 'for sale' item and someone disrupts my thread and posts a disparaging comment that it's "too good to be true' where in reality they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, NONE. What exactly do the 'Kubota build price" and additional Dealer receipts, etc. total? What exactly am I asking for the tractor? If someone knows the details of the transaction and wants to comment, fire away, if they know absolutely nothing about the transaction, they shouldn't pollute my thread . He didn't suggest caution, he stated this was 'too good to be true", there's a significant distinction between the two.
I think you really miss the point. Best of luck in your endeavor.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I understand why you might feel put off by the statement 'too good to be true". In this day and age there are ads posted almost every day with unbelievable deals. Some are so unbelievable you know they are fakes. Now the fake ads are being posted with prices that are closer to reality but still way low.

So you should see why people question "good deals". Then you come along with an ad that does not post a price. This gets a response, (phone call, text or e-mail), from people just like the fake ads would do.

So if you wish to reduce the suspicions, perhaps you should post your price. Then people that are interested will know if they are in the ball park money wise. This will reduce the confusion.

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
I understand why you might feel put off by the statement 'too good to be true". In this day and age there are ads posted almost every day with unbelievable deals. Some are so unbelievable you know they are fakes. Now the fake ads are being posted with prices that are closer to reality but still way low.

So you should see why people question "good deals". Then you come along with an ad that does not post a price. This gets a response, (phone call, text or e-mail), from people just like the fake ads would do.

So if you wish to reduce the suspicions, perhaps you should post your price. Then people that are interested will know if they are in the ball park money wise. This will reduce the confusion.

BH bucket has never touched dirt, front bucket used only with clamp on pallet forks to move (3) pallets 30 feet. Nubs still on tires. Any hours are sitting on and learning the tractor.

Build, dealer added accessories and pricing in the Classified section

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Really? I post a 'for sale' item and someone disrupts my thread and posts a disparaging comment that it's "too good to be true' where in reality they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, NONE. .
I don't flag suspicious postings in the Classified section, only the mystery new users who choose to cross post their wares in an open forum under "buying advise & pricing".

Where exactly are you asking for advise in your post?

Scammers like to multiple cross post and make claims about selling a machine so new the bucket never touched dirt.

If you stop cross posting your ads in unrelated forum sections then maybe I won't think you are just another scammer flogging boner pills, African princess needing to hide money in your bank account, and hot russian girlfriends.

Next time try posting pics on your new pride and joy and how life has sent you a curve ball and forced you to change plans instead of the sleazy curbsider sales hyperbole.

Last edited:

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
<there is no popcorn eating smiley to choose>

johnkn

Nov 18, 2014
Laplata, MD
I don't flag suspicious postings in the Classified section, only the mystery new users who choose to cross post their wares in an open forum under "buying advise & pricing".

Where exactly are you asking for advise in your post?

Scammers like to multiple cross post and make claims about selling a machine so new the bucket never touched dirt.

If you stop cross posting your ads in unrelated forum sections then maybe I won't think you are just another scammer flogging boner pills, African princess needing to hide money in your bank account, and hot russian girlfriends.

Next time try posting pics on your new pride and joy and how life has sent you a curve ball and forced you to change plans instead of the sleazy curbsider sales hyperbole.
😚