Recommended Grease for BX2360?

itsadug

Equipment
BX2360, Front Loader, Ballast
Mar 30, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Kubota newbie. Got a BX2360 a couple of weeks back and want to treat her well. Other than my dealer telling me to buy Kubota brand grease products, can't seem to find any specs on what I need. Also don't really know anything about grease to know what I'm looking for. Didn't find much in the forum on first look. Thoughts on brand/type of grease for a BX-series?

Thanks much!

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Just get some ooy-gooy stuff. Any grease is better that what normally happens - no grease at all.

I prefer not to use black grease because it seems to get on everything and is hard to get off. So I use premium red grease from Tractor Supply and grease often. The red gets on everything as well but doesn't seem so foreboding.

The "10 hour rule" is a guideline but 5 - 20 hours is a good window - more use, more grease

itsadug

Equipment
BX2360, Front Loader, Ballast
Mar 30, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks GWD. Was definitely planning to grease more frequently than every 10 hours. Was looking at different types of grease at TSC. Is there much difference between 1.5 grade a 2.0 grade? Is thicker better or just more of a pain to work with?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well having been in coal mining for longer than I care to think about the rule stands ANY good grease will work,, my 2360 works hard and she gets her grease anytime between 10 to 20 hours run time, just a couple shots is all it needs, though you might find out that when you start pumping the grease in that you need more than you think cause,, I found at least on my little piggy that everything that needed greased, took a lot more than it should have. Unless of course your dealer did it for you first.
Now if I may impart something about your 2360. On the right side of the deck mat you will see a couple of cut areas in the mat lift the one closest to the middle and you will find a zerbert,, that is for your tram pedals, give that a shot,, right from the get go,, cause thats the shaft that they ride on and if it gets stiff the pedals will not return to center and she will creep on you.
Any good grease I also use the red only because its what I grew up with and I can see it.
ENJOY that bad girl, theres something soothing about a diesel motor over a gas one;)..Unless it says HD on the side:D

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Silly dealer just wants to make more money off you. Kubota doesn't make grease or oil. They just buy some stuff from one of the big boys and stick their label on it then double the price. Stick with a quality product and you will be golden. I prefer Amsoil lubes, a little more money, but dang good stuff. You can't go wrong with a good premium grease, so get what is available to you, and keep a regular schedule and you will be golden! Enjoy your new toy!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
+1 for red, i can see it against older dirt laden grease.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Pretty much what everyone else said, my father in law used to own a bulk distributorship and we get our grease by the case from the new owner; wife's cousin.