Rearview and FEL view camera

dbuster

Aug 27, 2016
Selma, AL USA
I just purchased a M7060 with FEL and 8ft Bush Hog Cutter. I want to enhance my view of the front bucket as well as the Bush Hog when trying to mow close to fences. Anyone have any experience with these backup camera systems or something similar that could be mounted on a tractor?

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
I'd be interested to know as well. I get a bit frustrated that I can't actually see things like I need to way up there in front.

ABruce

Equipment
L295dt
Jun 23, 2016
Armstrong BC
at work I use cameras and screens to get better viability on large equipment. Lots of industrial supply options out there that have a decent screen and a rugged camera for not much money. I have rigged them as back up cameras on large forklifts for under 300.00 canadian

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
Here's a pic of my prototype. I want to use it a little before adding the finishing touches like protective covering for the wires. I'm using a simple backup camera I ordered from Amazon. Haven't had a chance to use it much yet, but I did pick up a stone with my tree stump bucket that I couldn't see at all without the camera. If you use one, make sure to wire it so you can easily disconnect it from the tractor when taking the FEL off... My first impression is this thing is the best thing since sliced bread! :)

YMMV,
Ted

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I just got a wifi camera that reaches 100 ft,connects to my iphone. Battery,transmitter and camera strapped in a box with camera on a gooseneck so i can point it where i want. Use it for backing boats/trailers into storage building. Going to test it with ipad today. Not disappointed so far.
$99.99 on sale.
Only drawback is image is not reversible, so it stay as a mirror image.

L5460

Equipment
L5460, FEL, BH92, Rear Snowblower
Nov 8, 2016
Mb, Canada
Sorry to drag up an old thread. I've got an old Minnie M670 that I put an Amazon backup camera on and it really helps. The 670 has a little bucket and a huge nose, so visibility is nonexistent, especially with the forks on. I bolted a round magnet to the camera bracket and I can stick it anywhere. I put the monitor on a camera ball head with a magnet attached, again, it sticks to a lot of places and the ball head allows me to pivot the screen. The cable was really long, so I bundled it and fixed with Velcro ties should I need to change setups. For the cable, I attached it to magnets that were about 1" diameter in a small metal cover with a threaded hole. I screwed those little rubber lined metal cable straps to the magnet housing with the cable inside. I can now route the cable where I like and just stick it to the loader arms.

First post!!! I ordered an L5460HSTCC with the 1055 loader, BH92 and the rear snow blower. I'm super excited and hope to get the tractor and FEL on Thursday.