Rear View Camera

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
So I am getting this "brilliant" idea for my machine. I am constantly straining my neck when I am spreading fertilizer or spraying with the sprayer or simply backing it into the back garage. Actually thinking of buying one of these add on back up cameras and mounting the camera in the center of the rear sheet metal. And installing the monitor on the hood in line of sight. This way I can keep an eye on how the material or liquid is spreading from my tow behind equipment. I'll post what I find and maybe even go with. I would simply wire it in to the "ign" switch so it's on whenever the machine is running

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
So I am getting this "brilliant" idea for my machine. I am constantly straining my neck when I am spreading fertilizer or spraying with the sprayer or simply backing it into the back garage. Actually thinking of buying one of these add on back up cameras and mounting the camera in the center of the rear sheet metal. And installing the monitor on the hood in line of sight. This way I can keep an eye on how the material or liquid is spreading from my tow behind equipment. I'll post what I find and maybe even go with. I would simply wire it in to the "ign" switch so it's on whenever the machine is running
I put one on my 8N several years ago as it is my firewood tractor and I transport pallets of wood and logs on my homemade 3pt forks. Works great in keeping an eye on it when traveling out of the woods.
I installed one on the front of my L2501 grill guard to help with seeing the forks on that. Still working at mastering them. I have another camera and a switch I hope to install so I can switch between the front and back cameras.

Bill

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I installed 2 cameras in the rear. One pointing down, the other straight back:
cameras.JPG

The monitor is mounted on the right side behind the fel arm.

20201030_130225_resized.jpg

The time / date resets every time its shut off. I don't use the record feature so date is unimportant.

Works ok BUT if the sun is shining directly on the screen it does get washed out.

Reactions: 1 users

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
They do make magnetic mount camera's, some come with 12v (cig lighter) powered monitor. Other's can connect to your telphone/tablet for display. you can find more if ou search for trailer/RV backup camera's.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Heads up...I bought a chinesium 4 camera system that came with 1 camera and a 7" screen to give me a better view on my tree spade. Works great, I decided to add a rear view camera.

Turns out the camera system uses "proprietary" wireless cameras and I can't buy a compatible camera to add to my 4 channel system. Not even compatible with other cameras from the same manufacturer. WTF

If you THINK you want more than one camera for your system, buy it now. I also wouldn't go smaller than a 7" screen.

Code2medic

Equipment
L4060
Jul 8, 2022
Tn
I have on on my 4060 in back. Went with a amazon one and well it didnt last 😂 so i installed one for a call that can be mounted any where so it was mounted on the roof tucked away and protected then i ordered a screen that takes video in connections

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Well I figgered for $28 it's a low risk undertaking. So it's ordered. I'll report back how it works once I have it installed

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Well it came yesterday. The only "problem" I think I will have is how to hide all the extra cable. I hooked it up to a 12v battery in the house and it seems to have an excellent picture. I'll report back with photos when it's installed. I think a Tiny Tach is my next investment

joearizona

Equipment
B2650 W/LA534 Loader & BB1260 Box Scraper, 48" Pallet forks, 72" Rake
Apr 24, 2019
Hidden Valley, Arizona
I installed two cameras because I just couldn't turn around as good any more. 1 to look down when I hook up and need to back close to thing and 1 to look to the rear when I'm driving. they are wireless & only need 12V power, the monitor is 7" and I powered it off the key so anytime the tractor starts up the camera is on.
Camera 1A.jpg
back up 3.jpg

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Yep for my little G2160 I only need to watch the pull behind sprayer or the pull behind spreader. So the one cam should be perfect.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I installed two cameras because I just couldn't turn around as good any more. 1 to look down when I hook up and need to back close to thing and 1 to look to the rear when I'm driving. they are wireless & only need 12V power, the monitor is 7" and I powered it off the key so anytime the tractor starts up the camera is on. View attachment 83635 View attachment 83636 .
I've thought about putting cameras on the front and back of my canopy so I could see my bucket/fork edge in front and avoid killing trees with the backhoe. I've thought about having 2 monitors so I could see either at a glance. How do you switch yours, one of those buttons on the monitor?