Rear Remotes

p t farmer

Equipment
L4330 GST
Nov 18, 2013
Manassas, VA
Is it typical that the rear remotes and FEL do not function at the same time? Bought a hydraulic limb saw and can not raise or lower the FEL when the rear remote that drives the chain saw is engaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85 Sovereign

Equipment
L4701 HST
May 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Is it typical that the rear remotes and FEL do not function at the same time? Bought a hydraulic limb saw and can not raise or lower the FEL when the rear remote that drives the chain saw is engaged.

It depends on the tractor, but on most of our Kubotas, as far as I know, that is how they will operate. The power to your hydraulics goes from your pump, to the rear remotes, then to the loader circuits, and then the 3 Pt hitch. So if you’re using your remotes, there is less flow to everything else down stream. I hope that I explained it correctly and it makes sense.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
It depends on the tractor, but on most of our Kubotas, as far as I know, that is how they will operate. The power to your hydraulics goes from your pump, to the rear remotes, then to the loader circuits, and then the 3 Pt hitch. So if you’re using your remotes, there is less flow to everything else down stream. I hope that I explained it correctly and it makes sense.

On at least one model, the flow is from the pump to the FEL valve and then through a PB port to the rear of the tractor.

With an open center hydraulic system, unless you are feathering the position of a control valve, the flow all goes to the easiest location.

With a rear remote valve in full open position., other circuits wont have much if any flow.

How did you end up with a hydraulic saw? An electric one would seem to be a much better alternative.

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
There are other solutions such as a flow divider which, in effect, creates two outputs from one pump.

Some flow dividers are fixed ratios and others are adjustable.

With hydraulics, it is critical that any hydraulic work is done by a knowledgeable person as there is no "lets just try it and see what happens!" option. Parts are destroyed in fractions of a second.

For example in installing a flow divider before the FEL, you might inadvertently leave a relief valve out of the circuit or dead head the pump.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200339007_200339007

Installing a pto driven hydraulic pump would give you a completely separate system to power your saw.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200329702_200329702

The hydraulic circuit for your tractor with factory FEL will be found in the loader WSM not the tractor WSM

Dave

p t farmer

Equipment
L4330 GST
Nov 18, 2013
Manassas, VA
On at least one model, the flow is from the pump to the FEL valve and then through a PB port to the rear of the tractor.

With an open center hydraulic system, unless you are feathering the position of a control valve, the flow all goes to the easiest location.

With a rear remote valve in full open position., other circuits wont have much if any flow.

How did you end up with a hydraulic saw? An electric one would seem to be a much better alternative.

Dave
Thanks for your replies and explanation. I’m relieved that this is typical. This saw is attached to the bucket. I can safely get to limbs around fields up to 20’ in the air without getting a head full of sawdust, and jumping out of the way of falling branches. Hydraulic unit is the only one I’ve seen like it. 2 of 3 rear remotes are plumbed for tip and tilt, and 3rd is for removable attachments like saw. Hydraulic work was done at a Kubota dealership.

Attachments