Rear Remote Installation- Need Information

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I’m thinking about installing rear remotes for my box blade. I wasn’t smart enough to have them installed before delivery, and have no way to get my tractor back to the dealer, I will have to do it myself.

I already have a Kubota third function that was dealer installed, as well as a B77 backhoe that was dealer installed. My question is if I want to install two rear remotes, is there anything that is currently installed that will affect the installation of the two remotes. Will I have to remove anything currently installed or do the remotes have their own ports or location to connect to? I’m mechanically able to install a “kit”, but have very little hydraulic experience so I just want to make sure I’m not over my head before going further.

Based on what I see from the Kubota website for illustrated parts, the rear remotes are the same for the B2650HSDC as well as the newer LX2610. If there is anyone out there that already has the same configuration as I do, and rear OEM remotes installed, could you verify the location of where the rear remotes connect to the hydraulics of the tractor? I would appreciate it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Don't know 1st hand , but there may be 'issues' with the BH77 ? Hose routing, lever mounting ,ROPS clearances,??
Pretty sure someone here must have duals outback.
You might see if 'triples' are offered ? If so, what's the price difference ?? It might be one of those, 'I wished I'd done it' installs.......

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m thinking about installing rear remotes for my box blade. I wasn’t smart enough to have them installed before delivery, and have no way to get my tractor back to the dealer, I will have to do it myself.

I already have a Kubota third function that was dealer installed, as well as a B77 backhoe that was dealer installed. My question is if I want to install two rear remotes, is there anything that is currently installed that will affect the installation of the two remotes. Will I have to remove anything currently installed or do the remotes have their own ports or location to connect to? I’m mechanically able to install a “kit”, but have very little hydraulic experience so I just want to make sure I’m not over my head before going further.

Based on what I see from the Kubota website for illustrated parts, the rear remotes are the same for the B2650HSDC as well as the newer LX2610. If there is anyone out there that already has the same configuration as I do, and rear OEM remotes installed, could you verify the location of where the rear remotes connect to the hydraulics of the tractor? I would appreciate it.
The rear remotes will be added to the power beyond circuit between the 3rd function and the backhoe. Installation on a cab tractor can get involved. I would have to look at the parts diagram to see exactly whats involved in the plumbing. There may also be issues with the backhoe and the location of the outlets. Thats the sort of thing you should be able to find out from your dealer but probably cant.

Dan

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
As far as I know, the rear remotes could have been added prior to delivery, but don’t know what would have changed if added. The cab already has slots for two rear remotes, so i‘m guessing that’s all I can add?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
As far as I know, the rear remotes could have been added prior to delivery, but don’t know what would have changed if added. The cab already has slots for two rear remotes, so i‘m guessing that’s all I can add?
I looked at the parts diagrams.

he remotes are sectionals that mount to the side of the hydraulic top cover just inboard of the slots in the cab The handles come straight up through the slots and the plumbing is a short pipe assembly. All very neat and compact. The third function is more of a mystery - the endpoints of the hydraulic loop are not clearly defined.

Installation instructions probably make all of that clear so other than finding a spot for the outlets and working under the cab it should be pretty straightforward.

Dan

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Where would one find the installation instruction, ? Dealer only, or on the web somewhere?

TBayOrange

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, LA534 FEL, BH77, B2782 63" blower, BB1560, RB1672, QH16
Dec 1, 2019
Thunder Bay, ON

I am about to start this process myself, although I am thinking of going with Summit hydraulics rear remotes. Let me know if you had any issues or you can give me any tips. I have pretty much the exact same setup as you have.
Cheers Colin.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
DO a search for 2650 rear remotes. Rkidd and myself both did it a la carte using aftermarket parts, for the most part.