Rear remote coupler type

EricSchuster

Equipment
L4760
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
I have a L4760 with dealer installed Kubota rear remotes. Can anybody tell me what type of connector it is? I am going to purchase a hydraulic top link and want to br sure i get the correct connector for the hose.
Many thanks in advance.
618873486.jpg
618873460.jpg
618873197.jpg

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Pioneer. Kubota has been as long as I can remember.

You really need to put dust caps on them. Bad to leave them open like in the picture. The crud inside goes right into your fluid.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I normally buy the poppet version of these v’s the ball version. I’m pretty sure you can use either.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I normally buy the poppet version of these v’s the ball version. I’m pretty sure you can use either.
Th ball ended Pioneer is a 'release under pressure' end. The poppet isn't. The ball end will also couple under pressure, quite handy for a FEL that has been in the sun and has pressurized the hoses. Downside is, the ball end will always weep a little when connected or disconnected. TSC has both, much cheaper than a dealer and TSC's are Weasler, good brand name.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Th ball ended Pioneer is a 'release under pressure' end. The poppet isn't. The ball end will also couple under pressure, quite handy for a FEL that has been in the sun and has pressurized the hoses. Downside is, the ball end will always weep a little when connected or disconnected. TSC has both, much cheaper than a dealer and TSC's are Weasler, good brand name.
Flip thanks, I learned something new, I knew poppet was considered a better seal that’s why I purchased them in the past.

EricSchuster

Equipment
L4760
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Is there a size to them, other than hose size? My tractor is 500 miles away at the moment and i want to order the correct pieces

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Is there a size to them, other than hose size? My tractor is 500 miles away at the moment and i want to order the correct pieces
Typically 1/2" that's what I purchase to fit all my tractors. make sure the lines you are buying have the correct fittings on the other end for the hydraulic top link you are buying. I'd recommend buying the top link and hoses from one source to ensure they are a correct fit at the cylinder. The tractor end is 1/2" pioneer male fittings.

EricSchuster

Equipment
L4760
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Typically 1/2" that's what I purchase to fit all my tractors. make sure the lines you are buying have the correct fittings on the other end for the hydraulic top link you are buying. I'd recommend buying the top link and hoses from one source to ensure they are a correct fit at the cylinder. The tractor end is 1/2" pioneer male fittings.
Thats what i did. Got the cylinder and hose kit from same place, that way i know it fits. 270 for cylinder with check valves and hose kit

Reactions: 1 user

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
What should I expect to pay? My Running's has them for about $15. I think I still have the pioneer ends I took off to hook implements to my JD, so I can probably just put them back on the implements they came off of. If it latches in the socket with the tractor not running does that mean it's the correct end?

Thanks also for the ball vs poppet info. My "3rd function" (really a rear SVC the previous owner ran to the front) is ball type and started spraying fluid when I was trying to re-connect the loader. I wiped it and pressed it a couple of times and it either stopped or started to weep (hard to tell with oil everywhere).

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine leak when connected and disconnected all the time, I ignore it and if I need fluid, I add some, such is the way it works when changing implements all the time anyway. All Pioneer QD's are the same size for ag applications far as I know of and you'll have the ag size.

If you have static pressure on tither side (implement or loader) and pressure on the female coupler side (tractor) you will always have some leakage. The amount entirely depends on how fast you connect them.

I tend to shut down my tractor and relieve the static pressure on that particular set of hookups, before hooking up. Not always though, depends on the situation and..

My units hold 15 gallons of fluid so a little weep is just fine.