Rear Hydraulic Controls

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
New to the game, and looking for a suggestion to use the Backhoe hydraulics as a rear control? Is there anything out there that does that conversion?

L4701

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
New to the game, and looking for a suggestion to use the Backhoe hydraulics as a rear control? Is there anything out there that does that conversion?

L4701
Welcome home! Are you trying to manipulate something using the backhoe valve, or hook up remote connections with the hoe off, or hook up something like a thumb on the hoe?

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
Welcome home! Are you trying to manipulate something using the backhoe valve, or hook up remote connections with the hoe off, or hook up something like a thumb on the hoe?
Looking to manipulate things like a hydraulic top link for blades or a side shift on a mower.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Looking to manipulate things like a hydraulic top link for blades or a side shift on a mower.
The best way to do that is to add an auxiliary valve and some remote outlets. The valve is easily added to the backhoe supply and return circuit.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
How would that be controlled?
At the risk of being accused of shameless self promotion:

Its a simple and affordable way too add a couple rear remotes. The only downside is the hoses for the remotes do have to be run under the tractor and all the way to the rear.

Dan

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
At the risk of being accused of shameless self promotion:

Its a simple and affordable way too add a couple rear remotes. The only downside is the hoses for the remotes do have to be run under the tractor and all the way to the rear.

Dan
Is there a way to install the 2 spool valve and connect the supply and return hoses from the valve to the backhoe connection?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
How would that be controlled?
At the risk of being accused of self promotion:
Is there a way to install the 2 spool valve and connect the supply and return hoses from the valve to the backhoe connection?
In effect that is what that does. The AUX valve is simply installed in the supply line going from the loader valve to the backhoe. Connection point is at the loader rather than the rear of the tractor.

You could do the same thing at the rear but you need to come up with a way to mount the valve on the tractor. The advantage would be much shorter hose runs for the remotes or potentially putting them on the valve itself. That gets a little tricky because of the narrow port spacing on the valve.

Dan

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
At the risk of being accused of self promotion:

In effect that is what that does. The AUX valve is simply installed in the supply line going from the loader valve to the backhoe. Connection point is at the loader rather than the rear of the tractor.

You could do the same thing at the rear but you need to come up with a way to mount the valve on the tractor. The advantage would be much shorter hose runs for the remotes or potentially putting them on the valve itself. That gets a little tricky because of the narrow port spacing on the valve.

Dan
I apologize if this is cumbersome for you, I don't have a lot of experience with this, and I'm trying to process haha. Hypothetically speaking, if I could mount the valve to the rops, could I connect the supply and return via the backhoe connections and have the rear implement connect to hoses coming off the valve? Almost like a plug-and-play setup?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I apologize if this is cumbersome for you, I don't have a lot of experience with this, and I'm trying to process haha. Hypothetically speaking, if I could mount the valve to the rops, could I connect the supply and return via the backhoe connections and have the rear implement connect to hoses coming off the valve? Almost like a plug-and-play setup?
its no botherv- am doing this right now.

There is no advantage to using the backhoe outlets - it just adds quick connects you do not need:

1. Disconnect the hose going to the backhoe supply quick coupler and connect it to inlet on the AUX valve.
  2. Connect the power beyond outlet on the AUX valve to supply quic connect for the backhoe.
  3. Connect the tank return on the AUX valve to the tank port on the tractor hydraulic outlet block.
THats exactly how the $2000 factory remotes would be plumbed. The valve is alwzys hot abd your backhoe operation does not change.

Dan

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
its no botherv- am doing this right now.

There is no advantage to using the backhoe outlets - it just adds quick connects you do not need:

1. Disconnect the hose going to the backhoe supply quick coupler and connect it to inlet on the AUX valve.
  2. Connect the power beyond outlet on the AUX valve to supply quic connect for the backhoe.
  3. Connect the tank return on the AUX valve to the tank port on the tractor hydraulic outlet block.
THats exactly how the $2000 factory remotes would be plumbed. The valve is alwzys hot abd your backhoe operation does not change.

Dan
I have a 3rd function on the front, does that change anything with the kit in the link you sent?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a 3rd function on the front, does that change anything with the kit in the link you sent?
Probably. I dont know what third function you have but it probsbly interferes with the mounting location of the EZ-PZ kit. I am working on a ROPS version. of the EZ-PZ kit.

Dan

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Depending on how your third function is done, you might could add a section or replace the valve with a 2 or 3 spool valve. Or, if you just want one rear remote, run hoses to the back and use your third function.

I've entertained doing something similar to what you're thinking about. If you're thinking about plugging it into the backhoe hoses when the hoe is off, you wouldn't be able to use it for a hydraulic thumb. You might as well mount and plumb it up permanently.

Post a picture of your third function. I'm thinking your easiest solution may be to put in one valve with more sections.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Depending on how your third function is done, you might could add a section or replace the valve with a 2 or 3 spool valve. Or, if you just want one rear remote, run hoses to the back and use your third function.

I've entertained doing something similar to what you're thinking about. If you're thinking about plugging it into the backhoe hoses when the hoe is off, you wouldn't be able to use it for a hydraulic thumb. You might as well mount and plumb it up permanently.

Post a picture of your third function. I'm thinking your easiest solution may be to put in one valve with more sections.
Unfortunately the third functions are almost universally manifold mounted D03 solenoid valves - you dont just add sections.

Dan

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
So is this kit for installing remote's for the loader or rear remotes ? Will this kit work on a L3301 HST . Is there a set on istructions you can share ?
thanks
animals45

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So is this kit for installing remote's for the loader or rear remotes ? Will this kit work on a L3301 HST . Is there a set on istructions you can share ?
thanks
animals45
The kit is built and tested on L01 tractors with factory loader but it can be tweaked to work on most L series tractors with a loader. Its generally just a matter of adjusting the length and/or end fittings of the hoses supplied with the kit. Hoses are all custom made to fit the tractor it is going on.

The valve is general purpose and can be used to control hydraulic outlets mounted anywhere on the tractor. It does not care front, middle, or back. On my L3901 tractor one spool is used for loader third function and the other for rear outlets.

Cliff Notes Installation Instructions:

1. Mount valve support bracket to loader using the two factory bolts on the underside of the loader valve.
  2. Attach valve to support bracket using bolts provided.
  3. Disconnect loader valve power beyond hose at power beyond port on hydraulic outlet block, pull it back and up and connect it to P port on AUX valve.
  4. Connect the RED hose provided in the kit to the power beyond port on the AUX valve and the other end to the power beyond port on the hydraulic block
  5. Disconnect loader tank return hose at tank return port on hydraulic outlet block, pull it back and up and connect to top tank return port on AUX valve
  6. Connect the BLUE hose provided in the kit to the bottom tank return port on the AUX valve and the other end to the tank retun port on the hydraulic outlet block
That's it - plumbed and ready for use in about 30 minutes.

Lastly run hoses as appropriate from the work ports on the AUX valve to your hydraulic outlets.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Very standard and as you can see that solenoid valve is mounted to the loader post in the exact spot the EZ-PZ kit mounts. They won't play together.

Thats a known issue and I just spent about an hour in the shop mocking up a bracket for ROPS mounting. As soon as I get a valve mounted and can verify the fit I will be sending a drawing off to get a few laser cut. The only difference is going to be the length of the hose runs so the price of the ROPS version of the kit will be just a few dollars more than the loader version but the reduced cost for the hoses for rear remotes will more than offset that. It will be a neater and cheaper way to add rear outlets.

Dan