Rear control lever for 3 point hitch M5140 Cab

Woodsedge

Equipment
Kubota M5140 Cab
Mar 15, 2014
Rappahannock County, Virginia
Has anyone made a mod to add an additional remote control lever to the back of the tractor so the 3 point hitch can be raised and lowered, while working at the back of the tractor?

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
No but it sounds like an excellent idea to me..... I've often grumbled about having to walk around and reach for each little adjustment at times. Perhaps someone will offer up a good design... just to throw it out there I wonder if a smooth sliding lawnmower type cable would work out?

Woodsedge

Equipment
Kubota M5140 Cab
Mar 15, 2014
Rappahannock County, Virginia
Thanks ETRon. I went to Tractor Supply with that in mind but had no luck. However, I did come up with something else that seems to work pretty well.

On the M5140 cab there is a rubber plug next to the rear window frame, which I gather is for a purpose such as this. I drilled a hole in it and fit a fiberglass rod, designed to mark driveways and such, through the hole. It is a straight line from the plug to the handle - no bending required. I shortened the rod to the length needed to reach the 3 PTH lever inside; drilled a small oblong hole in the end of the rod and used 2 cable ties to connect to the lever handle.
Not elegant but works well enough - an Occams razor kind of solution.

I'll post pictures when it stops snowing. March 25 and a nice 3 inch snowfall in Virginia. Global warming my Aunt Fanny!

pottsm2639

Equipment
L3540hstc, Landscape rake, rotary mower, auger, box blade, ratchet rake
Mar 30, 2014
Jackson, Mi
I just bought my first cab tractor this winter and have felt the same. I guess it's just a trade off for having a cab. I am interested in seeing what permanent mount options there are, or can be fabricated.

Mike3656

Equipment
Have grader blades, disc, assorted plows, cultivators, rotary cutter, rotary til
May 6, 2014
Amite,Louisiana
I just bought my first cab tractor this winter and have felt the same. I guess it's just a trade off for having a cab. I am interested in seeing what permanent mount options there are, or can be fabricated.
Check out the system on the KIOTI tractors, may be able to adapt !!!

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
If that fiberglass rod is anything like the ones that were left on my property, (used for electric fencing, I believe) in a short time they will be produce millions of tiny, very sharp, incredibly painful spines that will stick in your hands every time you touch them. Just being in the weather causes them to break down. I learned after the first one never to touch them without good leather gloves. Might better find a steel rod.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Fiberglass or steel, it sounds like a great idea! It has quit snowing - where are the pictures?

larry869

Equipment
M7040HTC, B3220HST
Jun 16, 2014
middletown va.
Yes on My M7040 HTC.
Simply look at the bracket holding the cable assembly, I simply drilled a 3/8"
Hole and installed a 12" long steel x 3/8" dia bolt. backing both sides with a 3/8" nuts with lock washer. works great!