Rear blade for an L6060 - snow + gravel maintenance

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Hi all,

Looking to add a rear blade for supplemental snow removal (have a front blower on an L6060) and am eyeing up the RB3796, possibly with the hydraulic angle cylinder. Do you think this will be a good fit for the L6060? I also plan to do some general gravel road maintenance with it as I have a 1/3' gravel road driveway.

I think the RBT3596 is significantly more expensive and only like 80lbs heavier, though I see they have options to install up to three hydraulic cylinders on that model.

Any other brands I should be looking at? I tried to look at the comparable Woods in the .50 and .60 and it felt like the land pride offering was more bang for the buck and suited the tractor a little better?

Should I be looking at the 7' instead of the 8'?

Thank you!

DevilDog

Equipment
L3540 HST3, 72" Woods Rear Finishing Mower, L3584" Land Pride BB, 72" York Rake,
Feb 1, 2011
upstate N.Y.
Hi all,

Looking to add a rear blade for supplemental snow removal (have a front blower on an L6060) and am eyeing up the RB3796, possibly with the hydraulic angle cylinder. Do you think this will be a good fit for the L6060? I also plan to do some general gravel road maintenance with it as I have a 1/3' gravel road driveway.

I think the RBT3596 is significantly more expensive and only like 80lbs heavier, though I see they have options to install up to three hydraulic cylinders on that model.

Any other brands I should be looking at? I tried to look at the comparable Woods in the .50 and .60 and it felt like the land pride offering was more bang for the buck and suited the tractor a little better?

Thank you!
Well I have a LP RB3584 on my L3540 and is is a good Heavy Duty BB. Have used it the past 4 years with only one issue, it has round shoes that adjust to keep it 3/4" off of black top drive. I was pushing snow around carport and caught a root from a large Locust tree and bent the shoe holder. Holder is quite heavy duty and I'm surprised that it bent. Ordered a new one from LP and repaired.Now your tractor can handle the 8' easy but what about bard or garage doors?

Devlldog

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Well I have a LP RB3584 on my L3540 and is is a good Heavy Duty BB. Have used it the past 4 years with only one issue, it has round shoes that adjust to keep it 3/4" off of black top drive. I was pushing snow around carport and caught a root from a large Locust tree and bent the shoe holder. Holder is quite heavy duty and I'm surprised that it bent. Ordered a new one from LP and repaired.Now your tractor can handle the 8' easy but what about bard or garage doors?

Devlldog
Thanks for this - I have a 12' wide door so I don't think the 96 should be an issue. I've gotten some pricing on the RB3796 but none on the RBT3596 as I haven't been able to find that one in stock. I presume it's over 3 grand without hydraulics.

DevilDog

Equipment
L3540 HST3, 72" Woods Rear Finishing Mower, L3584" Land Pride BB, 72" York Rake,
Feb 1, 2011
upstate N.Y.
Thanks for this - I have a 12' wide door so I don't think the 96 should be an issue. I've gotten some pricing on the RB3796 but none on the RBT3596 as I haven't been able to find that one in stock. I presume it's over 3 grand without hydraulics.
If your not in to much of a big hurry check on Barlows in Kentucky, thats where I purchaced mine and I live in upstate NY, they deliver many different states, doesnt hurt to look or call or text Steve Barlow.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Hi all,

Thank you!
Good day. Depends on how wide you want it to be when angled. Do you want it to match or be wider than your tracks when you have it angled? Or if you will use angled and tilted than that is another calculation altogether. But in that case as if you will be scraping ditches or something how far out and down you need it be? Those were my considerations. I have a 96”. Trouble it is is not a simple hookup with hydraulics that sag, a QH that looks for perfection and ground that is not perfect. Be careful where you set it. I’d ask the dealer to show the ‘easy’ hook up method if it has hydraulics. Happy trails.

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Decided to go with the RBT3596 with skid shoes and angling hydraulic cylinder, after I got over the sticker price I am now really excited.