Rear blade adjustment

Whiskey Papa

Equipment
B2920
Sep 21, 2013
Illinois
I finally talked the boss into letting me buy a rear blade for the B2920. I got a deal on a 6' LandPride HD blade. I've noticed that I'm adjusting the turnbuckle on the lift arm to level the blade when angled. But when I swing the blade to angle the opposite direction, it isn't level any more. I tried leveling the blade when not angled (perpendicular to the drive line), but it still is out of level when angling in either direction. Is this common? Or do I need to play with the top link adjustment too?

Also, my folding ROPS is always down because I can't get it in the garage while up. I've noticed the top link will bang into the folded ROPS. Perhaps I should pin it in the 50% folded (straight back) position instead of all the way down?

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
If it were me I'd attempt to level the blade using the side link turnbuckle with the blade square. Then once the blade is angled, use the top link to get the cutting edge more parallel with the ground if it's off.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I read this on another post this winter, with the blade perpendicular to the tractor adjust it with the side link (==. Then turn the blade 90 degrees with the tractor then adjust the toplink -==. Then its dialed in. Easier to do on flat concrete. Mines pretty good this year but will use this when it goes back on next winter.

Whiskey Papa

Equipment
B2920
Sep 21, 2013
Illinois
I read this on another post this winter, with the blade perpendicular to the tractor adjust it with the side link (==. Then turn the blade 90 degrees with the tractor then adjust the toplink -==. Then its dialed in. Easier to do on flat concrete. Mines pretty good this year but will use this when it goes back on next winter.
I'll try this tonight...thanks for the tip!

JamesK3200

Equipment
Kubota L3200 Tractor, Landpride backblade, Woods Brushhog, Ford 2 Bottom Plow
Jun 6, 2014
Oxford, MI, USA
I have the same problem. I have a L3200 and have a landpride 6 foot back blade. I had a Ford 850 which had a crank on the on the lower right arm of the 3 point. It was much faster and easier to level the blade when moving it from straight to a 45 degree. I just got my new Kubota in June and just had our first snow fall with enough snow to try plowing snow. Like I said I am having the same problem you indicated. Did Slimshadie's suggestion work?

WHISKEYPAPA post of Sep 2013.

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Mine was a little off till I read how to dial it in. Dialed it in last year and worked good. Still waiting for snow this year, but thats ok.