rear blade- 6 way or 3 way

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Orange1forme and Freeheeler, what would work good for you guys to to see if a neighbor or friend has a blade that is 6' or 7' and borrow it.
'Cat has great advice. Depending on you geographic area - lot of guys may have one.

As far as weight - 300+ pounds is nothing for a B2650. I use an almost 300# box blade on my BX, many times without a loader on the front. Barely know it's back there.

But, as others point out, it's the offset that complicates matters some.

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
I have the 5' version of the EA blade shown in the EA link in an earlier post by NIW. I've used it with a BX2200. I couldn't use the tilt to much because of the lift range on that tractor which starts to low and only raised the blade about 8-9" off the ground. The tractor did pull a full blade full of limestone, dirt and gravel, even uphill in 4wd. By raising and lowering the right lift arm, I was easily able to crown my driveway I now have a BX 2680 and am able to use the 15 degree hole for swales and driveway edges (the arms start off a little higher off the ground and raise the blade a couple or 3-4 inches higher). That thing is built though. I like it for the weight; it doesn't bounce, but is well within the limits of the lift arms. But no, I'm not able to use the full tilt. I'm thinking that if someone had a regular compact utility tractor with the 5' blade, it would be able to utilize it fully, but I have no evidence of that. I wouldn't have much need to though. It's a great blade all in all. BTW, I had to do some serious grading as the driveway was like the grand canyon on the hill part and nothing but pot holes on the flat part (when we first moved there). When I finished it looked brand new. I had to redo it about two months later, and it still looks good after two years.
DB

Last edited:

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
I've used the offset too. I've only offset by one hole, and with your tractor, you should still be able to turn your blade 180 at least on the 1st offset hole with a 6' blade of course. A 5' works with only the tiny tractors when angled.
DB

Last edited:

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I have the same tractor, B2650, and use a 6' adjustable back blade. I like the, I guess it's a 6 way, because I like to turn the blade 180 degrees so that it will not cut into the gravel driveway when plowing snow. With my B2650 I have to angle the blade up and down to rotate it because it hits the lift arms if you try to do it with the blade flat. I also like the up and down feature if I need to clean out a ditch or need to cut hard ground. I also hang a couple of weights, old cutting edges, on the blade for added weight.
P.S. I do play with the offset, gives me a larger footprint/swath with my front snow blade.