Reading the heading of this section...

jaargh

Equipment
BX1880V w/LA344 FEL, BB1248 Scraper, RCR1248 Brush Mower, 60" Rock Rake
Mar 30, 2021
southern california
It says looking at starting or growing your Kubota equipment “collection” talk about hitting the nail on the head.... while I don’t make my living with a tractor.. as are many on here it is mainly for making my life easier on my property so collection is exactly what it is... I said the other day “ ya know, I was thinking” and before I could finish I got the eye roll and “ don’t tell me, we need another implement”. Nice when they offer huh lol. Now I need to figure out what I “ need😃

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I know. A grapple. You're also missing a land plane, a chipper, a snow plow, a ballast box, forks. And it wouldn't hurt to grow that BX1880 to a BX2380, or even to a B2601 (they don't take up any more room in the shed, they're just a bit taller)

Reactions: 1 users

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
What's the used market like by you... I bought most of my junk at rock bottom prices that the wife never knew I bought it; until she sees it.... by that time, I usually said I got that a long time ago!!!

Still have a few things I bought and never used.... YET!

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I sure could use a grapple. But then I'd need an SSQA adapter. And third function. And I hate to give up my heavy duty bucket. Oh, and forks.
I sure could use a hydraulic thumb. But then I'd need a diverter.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
What's the used market like by you... I bought most of my junk at rock bottom prices that the wife never knew I bought it; until she sees it.... by that time, I usually said I got that a long time ago!!!

That's the main advantage of buying old stuff - it looks like you've owned it a long time.
BTW, you don't really think she believes that line, do you?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...BTW, you don't really think she believes that line, do you?
No but it the game we play!!! I do tell her that I could sell it for scrape metal and get my money back! (which is pretty close most of the time!)

{old joke} - My worst nightmare is that my wife sold all my tractor implements for the price I told her that I paid for them!!!

Keep your bucket and have a grapple... (there is a pin on bucket under that log...)
Also, you can use the third function to power both the grapple and the BH Thumb, you'll need to disconnect one and hook up the other.

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Keep your bucket and have a grapple... (there is a pin on bucket under that log...)
Also, you can use the third function to power both the grapple and the BH Thumb, you'll need to disconnect one and hook up the other.
That would work for most of my needs. But my 'wants' are bigger. :)

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I've noticed it's a common theme with the middle-aged American male: Collection of cars, trucks, Jeeps, Guns, Tractor implements. I'm guilty on all counts.

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I've noticed it's a common theme with the middle-aged American male: Collection of cars, trucks, Jeeps, Guns, Tractor implements. I'm guilty on all counts.
I used to be more guilty of that, but as I get older I find myself selling off the collection more that adding to it. Can't seem to find time to play with any of the toys because I'm too busy doing maintenance on said toys. Implements are nice additions though since there is no upkeep to pallet forks and box blades and such.

Reactions: 3 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I used to be more guilty of that, but as I get older I find myself selling off the collection more that adding to it. Can't seem to find time to play with any of the toys because I'm too busy doing maintenance on said toys. Implements are nice additions though since there is no upkeep to pallet forks and box blades and such.
Funny you should say that:
1) Wifes car oil change - overdue
2) Kids car oil change - overdue + needs crank sensor (jeep)
3) My new truck oil change -overdue
4) Ice Cream Jeep - inspection ran out
5) 46 Willys - in construction for 15 years, frame is painted
6) Haven't been to the range in over a year, got ammo though, thank heavens, lol.

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Funny you should say that:
1) Wifes car oil change - overdue
2) Kids car oil change - overdue + needs crank sensor (jeep)
3) My new truck oil change -overdue
4) Ice Cream Jeep - inspection ran out
5) 46 Willys - in construction for 15 years, frame is painted
6) Haven't been to the range in over a year, got ammo though, thank heavens, lol.
I feel ya. I spend more time at Advanced Auto buying filters, oil, and parts than I do at the grocery store.

jaargh

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
southern california
And all those things typically cost less than it costs the guy that collects wives...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

jaargh

Equipment
Mar 30, 2021
southern california

The used market around here sux.... anything listed is sold faster than the time it takes to list it... and at this time of year anything even remotely capable of doing landscape work is pretty much non existent but I still look every day

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The used market around here sux.... anything listed is sold faster than the time it takes to list it... and at this time of year anything even remotely capable of doing landscape work is pretty much non existent but I still look every day
Are you talking about wives or tractors? :p :D:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users