read hydraulics from the FEL

rpm4fsu

Aug 7, 2011
Westpoint, IN, USA
I have a B2620 with FEL.

On some occasions I could have the need for hydraulics in the rear with the FEL not mounted. I only need up and down movement.

the cost to put in rear hydraulics is going to be kind of expensive even if I can get something for the B2620.

I was wondering if there could be any way to run flexible hose from the FEL hydraulics connectors on the tractor to the rear and use the FEL to control the hydraulics in the back such as a hydraulic top link.

If this is a stupid idea please do not say "hey you don't know crap about hydraulics" because I know I do not know crap about hydraulics and the reason I am asking but it sounds like a good idea and a way to save some money.

Thanks

Robert

JoshHughes

Equipment
M95S 4wd cab with FEL. L3200 with FEL & backhoe. Plus lots of other goodies too
Jun 18, 2013
Cynthiana, ky
What we did on our L3200 was to mount a single remote from the parts store to the fender and just put it in the loop at the rear where the lines run for the backhoe.
I'm not 100% sure of the setup on your model, but I would imagine this will work. I think we have under $200 in it, including the hydraulic lines and fittings. We do not leave it in the loop when we are not using it due to heat issues.

Sent using Tapatalk, via an iPad, meaning, if there are stupid words blame autocorrect and if things are stupidly punctuated blame the iPad keyboard.

JoshHughes

Equipment
M95S 4wd cab with FEL. L3200 with FEL & backhoe. Plus lots of other goodies too
Jun 18, 2013
Cynthiana, ky
I will try to do so tomorrow, it's dark out now.

Sent using Tapatalk, via an iPad, meaning, if there are stupid words blame autocorrect and if things are stupidly punctuated blame the iPad keyboard.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
This may not help but this is what I did on my L3000. I have been using it to pull a hay rake for a couple of years now and it works great. I bought my valve at TSC and the other parts came from my friends hyd shop.

1. where the original loader input line was hooked

2. moved loader input line to the input port for new valve

3. output from new valve hooked back to loader input #1

4. lines going to rear remotes

Just have to overlook the custom rag heat shield. I had to get in the field and it was handy.

Attachments

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I have a B2620 with FEL.

On some occasions I could have the need for hydraulics in the rear with the FEL not mounted. I only need up and down movement.

the cost to put in rear hydraulics is going to be kind of expensive even if I can get something for the B2620.

I was wondering if there could be any way to run flexible hose from the FEL hydraulics connectors on the tractor to the rear and use the FEL to control the hydraulics in the back such as a hydraulic top link.

If this is a stupid idea please do not say "hey you don't know crap about hydraulics" because I know I do not know crap about hydraulics and the reason I am asking but it sounds like a good idea and a way to save some money.

Thanks

Robert
Hyd. fluid is kept in a dark area where it cant see the outside world so when you command it to pressurize a certain hose by pulling a lever it has no idea if its going to the loader that you have removed or some other neat new gadget that you have on or "near" your tractor. lol
AS long as you get the hose pairings matched you can operate whatever you want with the existing loader hoses.
Example, you have your loader removed (or keep it on the tractor if you prop it up) you can unhook the hoses for the boom ( the up down part of FEL) and run a new set of hoses to the rear (possibly a hyd. toplink ), then when you use the existing loader control it just send the fluid to somewhere new that you want it to go.
Adding addl hyd. ports just keeps more things hooked up and usable at the same time if you only ever need two your tractor came with them ,the boom up/down and the bucket curl/dump are usable for any push pull type of control you could want within the gph capacity of the tractor.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
This may not help but this is what I did on my L3000. I have been using it to pull a hay rake for a couple of years now and it works great. I bought my valve at TSC and the other parts came from my friends hyd shop.

1. where the original loader input line was hooked

2. moved loader input line to the input port for new valve

3. output from new valve hooked back to loader input #1

4. lines going to rear remotes

Just have to overlook the custom rag heat shield. I had to get in the field and it was handy.

You did that without a power beyond fitting in that valve?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You did that without a power beyond fitting in that valve?
I unhooked the factory line that was hooked to port #1 (in the pic) which supplied fluid to the loader and simply moved it to the input side of the new valve. The output side of the new valve goes right back to port #1 on the loader control. Simply put, the fluid when not being used for the rear remotes just passes straight thru the new valve like it's not even there. The loader works same as it always did, no loss in performance in any way shape or form. Obviously when the rear remotes are used it will rob the fluid going to the loader but I don't have enough hand to operate both at the same time so again nothing suffers from performance loss.

If a person needed more remotes Northern Tool has a 6 spool valve that would let you operate 6 sets of remotes if a person had the need. This project was inspired by a few short words, "keep it simple stupid" and we did just that. It was about as simple as it could have been done. Kubota already did the hard part, all we did was tap into the system and borrow some fluid flow when needed and the rest of the time as far as the factory system knows nothing is different.